Chapter 21

"She was the art only his eyes could paint"

Arshita's Pov

On the drive to my house we decided that he would draw a quick sketch of mine and once he'll be done, I'll let him read one of my poems.

I took out some snacks and we walked to our room. Shubman was trailing behind me as we were arguing about chilli dip or cheesy dip (I totally being the chilly one).

As soon as we reached my room I realised I haven't bought anyone on my room since so long and it was really messed cuz I didn't care to clean it. I was scared that Shubman don't find anything embarrassing but what he found was something worse.

He picked up a photo frame form my side bed drawer. Before he could ask something I myself spoke up, "I meant to throw that"

It was me and Siddharth on our freshers when Aditi was continously taking our pictures, and this one was a random one which turned out to be the best.

Shubman kept the frame back turning to me and then pointed at my back asking "And what about that guitar?"

I turned to look back at the guitar which hung at the side of my closet and then turned back to him, "Do you play guitar?" he asked.

I hesitated a bit and replied, "No"

"So you have a guitar in your room because?" he asked.

"It was supposed to be Siddharth's bday gift" I said heaistating a bit looking down at my hands, "And then we broke up"

The memories of that day started coming in front of my eyes, it was Siddharth's bday and he called me to the beach. I went there with the guitar, but he didn't gave me his usual smile, or didn't took me in a hug and just said those words which were our end.

I shook my head erasing all the thoughts and turned to Shubman asking him "So how are we supposed to do this?" I asked and he just asked me for a notepad and a pen and he settled down on the floor.

I was standing in front of him and asked him awkwardly, "Do I have to— pose or something?"

"Nah just make yourself busy, watch a movie or something." he said and took my laptop and sat just in front of him.

I sat just across him and opened my laptop in front of me, I decided to watch so that I can conceive myself from his intent gaze on me.

Curious, I peered over at him to look if he's joking or just going to make something weird but he was looking pretty serious, so I kept looking at him.

I didn't realized that I was continously staring at him when he spoke up without even looking at me, "Bad manners Arora" He said giggling a bit.

"I know I'm really handsome and it's really hard not to stare at me but please can you concentrate on your movie" He said smirking.

"I wasn't —" I was saying when he cut me off, "Pta hai pta hai, now concentrate" he said and again laughed.

Showing him my tongue, I looked back at my laptop's screen. After thirty minutes it was impossible for me to concentrate on the movie (I don't even know what was going on in it) because of his intense gazing.

"Ye aisa look kyu jaise do din se khana na mila ho" he suddenly spoke up.

I turn to glare at him.

"Yeah this one is better than the bhukha version" he said amused.
He stared at me for a second and then smiled widely, "You really have a future in posing, Arshu" he said.