Chapter 36

"I still hope that you and I somehow end up happy together!"

Arshita's Pov

"Maybe"

That word made me sure that I was going to end at that hurting point once again. And whatever it was I was already trying to prepare myself for that.

An hour or so ago everyone left for their houses and I and Shubman were heading back to the cafe as I left my car there and we still needed to talk!

Both of us were silent during the whole ride afraid that words might hurt us more and might break the only thread that kept us still.

We reached the cafe and kept sitting in the car. I waited for him to speak and tell me what was wrong with him or what was bothering him.

I was trying to analyze his thoughts and emotions by looking at his face when he just kept his head down looking at his hands as if he was trying to fight with his feelings or maybe words!

"Shub" I finally said breaking the silence and he slowly looked up, "Will you say something?" I asked.

He looked at me and sighed, giving me a small smile that was really a sad one! He just shooked his head as a no and.

"I think we both need some rest!" he said.

I was going to protest, going to tell him that I wasn't tired at all, but when I looked at that godforsaken sad smile I knew he was saying this for himself! He looked like he had had enough for the day and he needed sometime.

"We'll talk soon" I said making him sure that I wasn't letting this go easily and that he can't back out.

He nodded a little distractedly but I was relieved when he held my gaze as he said, "Sure"

I held the car's door lock but but before I could open it I turned back and engulfed him in aright hug! He hugged me back instantly and I whispered, "Soon! It'll all be good" I said and he nodded.
______

Finally it was a Saturday morning which means I woke up at 11:00 am. As soon as I sat on my bed the first thing I did was check my phone. I don't know why! Maybe I was expecting a message from him!

There was nothing. I walked down and saw mom in the kitchen. I walked upto her and she gave me a smile, "Good morning" she said and I also smiled.

"Good morning mom! What's going on?" I said and she pointed at the pancakes she was cooking.

"So how are you feeling?" she asked and I just nodded, "Better! Maybe" I said.

The next moment my phone beeped with a message and I quickly took it out from my pocket and looked at it! It wasn't him!

It was a mail from that writing contest for which I sent my poem just a day ago! The mail said that I was accepted for the competition and results will be mailed once they are analyzed.

I sighed and kept my phone back to my pocket when mom looked at me, "Waiting for someone's text or call?" she asked and I looked at her.

"No...not at all!" I said and she kept looking at me, I kept my head down and said, "Yess...I mean.... I don't know!"

"You'll get it don't worry" she said with smile and then picked up a rolled paper from the shelf next to her.