Chapter 26

"And when I loved you, I realized I have never ever loved anyone like that"

Arshita's Pov

And after realizing I thought it would be nice and all the butterflies in my stomach would have a marathon, the blushing, the tingling sensations and it did.

But when I really realized it, I looked at him for two seconds and then suddenly stood up surprising him. He stopped playing the guitar to look at me.

"I'm taking a walk" I said and started moving not quite looking at him.

He looked at me in confusion and set the guitar beside him getting up, "I'll come with —"

I already started walking before the words left his mouth.

He called my name and when I looked over my shoulder he was getting to come behind me so I shouted, "Don't follow me!"

I hastened my steps matching them to the beating of my heart. He was confused, I didn't care nad keep walking towards sea.

I was falling for Shubman Gill.

Fuck.

How was that even possible? I tried to make sense of the uneven beating of my heart and those idiot butterflies in my stomach.

What scared me most wasn't the thought of falling for Shubman. It wasn't just that. It was like how hard I tried to convince myself that this was foolish, I couldn't come up with anything.

Shubman is very different from everyone. He always knew how to make me smile. He always knew what to say to make me feel better and his one smile made heart do twenty fucking backflips.

How could I have never seen it before?

And how could that even happen to me?

It felt both right and wrong at the same time. We were friends. I can't fall for him. The things were good as the way they were and I didn't wanted to ruin them because of these feelings.

And the fact was that how much I denied it, Siddharth still haunted me in way. It was like I was being pulled towards Shubman but at some magnetting pull kept me back towards Siddharth.

I couldn't even understand my own thoughts, everything is messed up and—

"holy shit"

My heart skipped a beat and turned my head at Shubman's voice.

I was sitting down on the rocks looking at his hand wincing a bit and before I knew I was sprinting towards him.

I ran upto him and sat in front of him "What—what happened?" I asked.

"Heyy!" he said looking at me embarrassed, "I.. I fell and hurted my hand"

I took his hand in mine looking at it and started panicking cuz it was bleeding because a piece of glass was stucked in it.

"Shit!" I said examining his hand, "This is not supposed to bleed this much..... This is —wait... I, this.... I can't"

"It's fine Arshu, it's not serious" he said.