Chapter 38

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations!"

Arshita's Pov

It's been a week since we had that farewell party for Shubman. I was really glad that we were back to talking terms and since that day we used to have usual talks and not so awkward silences' between us!

We used to catch up normally at college and those usual 'how are you! I'm fine' talks. We didn't exactly went back to being totally normal or hang out always together or eat together but practically it was going smooth but I was still not over the fact that he was leaving at the end of this week!

It was a Saturday night and I was lying on my bed lazily looking up at the ceiling and the only thing on my mind was ofcourse, Shubman as he was leaving tomorrow. After tomorrow I won't even get to look at his face again.

I kept thinking about it or I must say about him, suddenly something clicked in my mind and I got up and went to my study table.

I sat there and took out a page and decided to write the letter which Shubman asked for.

I thought of writing only what he asked me to —the things I like about him, the I couldn't do that without telling him all the other things I wanted to!

So I started writing and I could feel myself pouring by heart out on that letter. Each and every word that I wrote had a different feeling of mine and so I wrote everything which I wanted him to know from the very start!
______

"Yrr Mandy will you hurry up for god's sake!" Shriya shouted as we were waiting outside Manjot's house in Abhishek's car.

Shriya was continuously shouting at everyone and so I eyed Abhay thought the rear view mirror and and he turned a little to the back.

"Actually she didn't had her morning coffee so —" he said and I couldn't help but laugh while he made a face.

"And you've been with her for two hours already!" I said and  Shriya turned to give us a look as she said, "Guyss! I'm right here"

That's when the door to my right opened and Manjot settled in the car, "Wtf! Perfume ki puri bottle daalke aaya hai kya" Shriya asked him and he looked at her, "Ayee! What's wrong with her?" Mandy asked.

Abhishek just shrugged his shoulders giving him 'don't even ask' look as he pulled out of the parking.

"Guyss seriously! How can you all not freak out! Shub is leaving.... like in an hour or so and we don't even know if we'll get to meet him again!" she said and with that we all fell silent.

I don't know how we decided that we should head to airport together in one car but I was thankful cuz I wouldn't have been able to focus on driving when Shubman was leaving in few hours.

We reached airport after half an hour in which we witnessed more of Shriya's coffee deprived talks and so I and Manjot decided to play some weird game on his phone while Ayushi and Nagar were busy quarrelling over something.

We entered the airport and it wasn't much crowded as it was an odd season for people to go on vacations or probably leave their friends and family!

I trailed behind everyone almost feeling the weight of that letter in my bag! I could feel like it's heaviness as if it contained each and every feeling of mine for him.