Chapter 1

ASTRYD

Uuhhhg. My mom was blabbering something at me. She was mad at me for going inside the door again. I went in. You know, there’s a door, you open it and viola another world.

My mom was mad at me because by doing that, you can alter the story and we wouldn’t want that.

Hi. I’m Dionne Astryd Dieppe. Everyone I know calls me Ty. I’m 17 years of age. And I’m going to college after this summer. I’m decided to take up Engineering. Yeah yeah, I know, Engineering is for the boys. But I’m a nerd, I love books, I love math, I love structures and all the little things in between. I’m not popular with the guys either, just so you know. I didn’t have much friends in high school, like I said, I was a nerd. I had made it alone throughout my entire life.

As of today, I live in a normal town in a normal house with a normal backyard. Everything is pretty much normal---until you know what’s in the backyard.

There is a big tree in the middle of our backyard. The tree had a big door in it that leads to another world. To tell you the truth I didn’t believe it until my grandma showed it me. This is probably why I didn’t had any friends. I was busy going in there. My mom hated that tree for me. But my grandma told me that it was her favorite place when she was my age.

I had been there maybe more than a hundred times already since I’ve known the secret of the tree. It’s perfect for adventures. But there’s this catch. You can only use it up until you are 18 years old. Another catch is that when you open it, you wouldn’t know what story you are in and you must go inside it for an hour---Exactly one hour. If you didn’t get out of it, you can never get out of it. Unless someone would help you out of it. Well that’s about all about the door. And oh, one more thing, you must never chicken out. When you open it, the door will suck you up. It’s inevitable. Chicken or not, you’ll probably end up in another world when you open it.

Whenever I open that door, all I do is wander. The different worlds are so amazing. All the views, all the things, all of it, I want to experience them. I’m just a normal girl, living a normal life and like any other teenager, I want to experience all the things I could get myself into. You know, learn things life wants us to learn but in its own way---by making mistakes.

Whenever I came in I make it a point I’d be low profile. But sometimes even though I was trying hard to be invisible, I end up being caught in the storyline. But I’d find a way out and make sure that everything would be in the right place.