Chapter 2

ASTRYD
“Hey sleepy head. It’s time to wake up!” My brother was practically shouting at my ear. I groaned and squinted my eyes against the harsh light shining through the triangular window on my bedroom door. I thought I was dreaming that my brother was in my room. My brother has been gone since last year. He took up college at a university that is a thousand miles from here.
“RB!!!!!” I squealed. I was excited to finally see him. He is a year older than me. His name is Dion Arbyel Dieppe but we called him RB. Our dad has a thing on Celine Dion. So he named us after her. Dion. We used our second names so that we wouldn’t be confused when they called us.

We looked like each other. You may confuse us as twins. We have the same ginger hair, the same green eyes and the same complexion. He is also into engineering but a different field. He’s into machines and engines and stuff. The only thing that we were not alike is that he is popular. He was on the basketball team back in high school. He was athletic, I was not. I hate sports.
“Go freshen up Ty. I have a visitor for you to meet.” he commanded me. I sulked and headed my way to the bathroom with my towel. I did my morning rituals in the bathroom. After some time I got back in my room. RB was not there. I got a big white shirt, it’s my brother’s, and I really like wearing shirts 2 sizes bigger than mine. I slipped on a denim short too. I headed downstairs as soon as I was done. I heard him in the living room with an unfamiliar voice.
“So why are you hea---” I was halted by the sight of a gorgeous dude in the couch sitting prettily. I stared at him.
“Hey RB! She just looked like you. It is true!” He said amusingly after standing up from the couch and putting his arms around my shoulders. I was astonished at what he did.
“Nyx…” He looked at him funny and his tone was threatening.
“I know man. Ha-ha. It’s just amusing to see a girl version of you and smaller.” You can hear he was entertained at the sound of his voice. He got his arms off my shoulders and he got in front me.
“Let me introduce myself. Hi. I’m Nyx Eros Cortez and I’m RB’s roommate.” He extended his hands to me. He was looking straight into my eyes. He’s got dark brown eyes and it was boring into me.
“Hi. I’m Astryd.” I took his hands and shook them. I smiled at him as pretty as I could get. He smirked. The loveliest smirk I have seen I’m my entire life. I think I have a crush on this guy.
“So, Nyx here would be our visitor for the whole summer.” He said. “And feel at home buddy.” He added.
“Thank you bro.” He said in a low voice.
“Let’s go Nyx, i'll tour you around town.” My brother persuaded.
“Am I invited?” I asked.
“Nope, boys time out.” My brother declared.
“But I missed you.” I pouted.
“She’s cute dude. Can I keep her?” Nyx claimed.
“Dude, she’s my sister!” RB snapped.
“Okay. I know.” He surrendered.

I was clueless at what had happened but they end up leaving me.