Chapter 4

ASTRYD

The afternoon was boring. My mom was at work. And my brother and his friend left me alone. I was torn on going into the door and sleep. But I loved adventures and I was alone so I was left with no choice to go to it.

I went to our backyard and I opened the door. I smelled the sea. I closed my eyes and got in. The darkness from our backyard suddenly was replaced by a bright atmosphere. My eyes squinted. When I opened my eyes, I was in the beach. I really didn’t know what story I was in but the closest to what I’ve thought was ‘The Little Mermaid’.

I looked at my clothes and I was in a long dress. It was a pink one. I literally looked like a princess. I roamed around the town. I think the town was celebrating something. There were people everywhere. There was a fair. There were stands all over the town. And I was overwhelmed that the people was so polite and very hostile.
“Her, taste this.” a maiden said and gave me a bread. It looked delicious. This is why I want to go through the door.
“Her, you can have this one.” another maiden gave me a scarf.
“But I don’t have any money to pay you.” I said.
“This is free of charge princess.” She replied. She thought I was a princess. I smiled at her and happily took the scarf.

Almost every stall gave me something. I was full when a dog barked at me. He was being playful.
“MAXXX!!” someone cried.

I bent down to fondle the dog. “You Maxx?” he was loving what I was doing to him. He was a big dog and its weight pushed me down and made his way to lick my face. His gesture made me giggle.
“Hey Maxx. Come here. What are you doing? Come here boy. Sit!” a deep voice said. The dog immediately got off of me and sat right beside his master.
“I’m sorry.” He extended his hands to me. “My dog really loves licking peoples face.” He added. I took his hands and he let me up. “I’m Eric by the way.” He beamed a smile at me.

Oh you are the prince. Hi.” I fixed myself. “I’m Astryd.” I smiled gracefully and curtseyed.
“You’re face, its familiar. Have I met you before? Maybe in the beach?” he asked.
“I don’t think so my Lord. I’m just a mere wanderer.” I responded politely. Oh shoot. I think he was mistaken me as Ariel.
“We’re you from another kingdom?” he asked.
“No my Lord, I’m from nowhere.”
“Mysterious.” He smirked. “Lady Astryd, would you like to go to the palace. We are having a party there tonight.” He added.
“I’d love that my Lord. But I had no fancy dress with me. You know wandered here. And I was looking for a friend.” True, I had no fancy shmancy dress with me and I will look for Ariel before the prince mistake me as his princess.
“Go into the palace when you find your friend. I really want you to be there. I thought that fate brought us together. And I like how mysterious you are. It entertains me. The servants will dress you nicely.” He declared. Entertained? I was a source of entertainment to this prince? “I take no for an answer. See you in the palace. I’ll hunt you down if you didn’t show up.” I can’t believe this prince threatening me.
“Oh I’ll be there my Lord.” He smirked and went back to where he came.

I need to find Ariel. Where should I find her? The story of the little mermaid is getting blurry. It’s one of the perks of coming in. Well not a perk maybe, but yeah it comes with it. I’m beginning to forget some of the story. All I knew is that Ariel and Eric must be married by the end of the third day.

Now, if I was Ariel, where would I be? She is a mermaid so she probably in the water, but then again I remembered that in between the timeline Ariel turned into a human. But I had no idea where in the timeline I was in.

I had gone to the ocean and hoping that Ariel was there. Fortunately, she was, and to my horror she was naked. A red headed girl, butt naked and forcing herself to stand up. I walked to where she was.
“Hi.” I started. Her back was facing me. She ducked down. I think I startled her.
“Oh no. Hey, I’m a friend.” She turned her head slowly facing me. She looked at me confused. “Hi, I’m Astryd and I know you are Ariel. I’d like to help you win the prince’s heart.”