Chapter 3

NYX
“Your sister is hot.” I stated as soon as we were inside RB’s car.
“Say it to the people who think she’s not.” RB said.
“Who the heck would not think she was not?” I asked. It is amazing that people here doesn’t see the beauty on that girl.
“A whole bunch of people. She doesn’t even had any friends.” He stated. “I look like her, do you think I’m hot?” he added. I laughed at him.
“So gay dude. So gay.” I said in between my laughing.

RB bought me to places and toured me around the town. He was being too kind to me. I don’t want to be home this summer. Why? Mainly because I just had the news that my mom and dad decided to have a divorce. My older brother told me all about it. I didn’t get to him because he had his problem on his own with his family and besides we didn’t have an excellent relationship. So instead I had gone to the Dieppe’s. And RB, being my best friend slash roommate he, insisted that he will be adopting me this summer.

We had gone to places and entertained me. He knows what had happened to my family. We had roamed around town, which is not that big. He brought me to a diner that he said was 50 years standing and he and his sister loved it here.

We ordered burgers that can feed a whole basketball team (but I was exaggerating). It was really big I really thought I’d never finished it but I did. RB told me stories about him that I didn’t knew. This guy had a lot of stories in him.

We got home before sundown she said her mom would be home by 7 so we should be there before she got home and I could finally meet her. Finally we had arrived at the Dieppe’s residence. No one was home.
“I thought you said your sister hadn’t have any friends? Why is that she’s not home?” I asked.
“You really had a thing for my sister. Stop. I know you. You’re a playboy dude No offense.” He replied.
“None taken.” I smirked. Yeah, I’m a playboy. I love playing with girls. I love seeing them so miserable. I love playing with their feelings. RB said maybe because of the family problem. Maybe it was. I didn’t believed in love. It was a mere fraction of in your imagination.

RB led me into a room beside his room. It had a name hanging on the door. ASTRYD. So this was her room.
“Go on. Unpack. This is Ty’s old room. Her room is now on the attic and the guestroom was now the storage room because of what she did on the attic.”
“Okay. But why did she make the guest room the storage room and not hers?”
“You’ll see. When you opened the door.”

He left me there. I came inside. I was mesmerized at the walls, they were artistically painted. It was beautiful. Maybe she made it. Now I understand. I opened the drawers, they were empty. I put emptied my duffle bag and put my clothes in there. I was finished in a few minutes. I haven’t got much with me. I travel light.

I got outside the house and went into RB’s backyard. There was this huge tree in the middle and I laid underneath it. The sky was dark and the cool breeze brushed through my skin.