Chapter 15

ASTRYD

Three days had passed after that game. I thought that the pictures I took from the outing was great so I posted it on Facebook and tagged my mom on some. Mom then tagged people she knew so my pictures spread like a wildfire on Facebook. People were tagging other people and liking and commenting on some.

Not so long someone tagged me on an uploaded picture of me playing volleyball. Well the uploader dedicated a whole album for my pictures. The one who captured the pictures had made me his/her model without my consent. He captured every emotion I did when I was on the beach. I click on the next button. There were pictures of me taking pictures, eating, walking, running and all the things I have done on the beach. Is there something the person did other than snapping pictures of me there?

There was one picture of me that I really liked. It was one that I was on air and was about to smash the ball. I liked it so much that I made it my profile picture and captioned it with 'credits to whoever took this picture'.

I was looking on the pictures when I noticed that the album name was changed from 'a girl' to 'meet bikini girl and she's hungry'. To my horror I checked the name of the owner of the photos and his name was 'Logan Bennett'. It pisses me off to remember what he did with that brunet chic. What pissed me more is that he took pictures of me and lots of it. I mean lots. What does he want? A chat box popped on my Facebook window.

Logan Bennett: So the hungry girl has a name.

I immediately logged out and went down stairs to see that nobody was home. In the fridge, there was a note from mom that she would be coming home late and a note from the boys that they will be home later than 8 pm. They had gone to meet some classmate of theirs.

I had the idea of going inside the tree again. I wanted to have some adventures again. So what I did is I went to the backyard. I looked at the sky and it was bright. It was nowhere near dawn so I made up my mind.

I went in front of the tree. I did the chant and a door appeared. I opened it and jump right in. I was in a garden, I was wearing a sparkly blue gown and a glass shoe. Then it hit me---'Cinderella'.

But why am I wearing her clothes. Am I playing Cinderella now? I roamed around to see that I was in the castle's garden. I went on the entrance of the ballroom. Every eyes on the room was staring at me. I was feeling uneasy because of that. I saw the prince was walking towards me so I am sure that I was playing Cinderella today.

It never happened that I played the lead character of the story. This is the first. I was always playing a nobody in the story. But today it's not.
"Good Evening my Lord." I curtseyed.
"Good Evening lovely lady." He bowed. "Will you dance with me?"
"Gladly my Lord." I responded.

The Prince and I danced every dance he wouldn't dance with other ladies. While dancing with the prince, I saw Cinderella hiding on a column inside the ballroom. To my horror we really looked alike like we were twins. With the same dress too. Then it hit me. Im not Cinderella.

I wanted to talk to her. But I couldn't shake the Prince beside me. Then to my horror the clock struck 12. I saw Cinderella ran and so did I. I followed her and shouting for her to wait for me. The prince did that to but he was shouting at me.

I took a flight on the stairs and while running my shoe fell off. I didn't turn around and fetch it. All I wanted is to catch up with Cinderella and talk to her maybe.

I caught her while she was climbing the carriage. She pulled me and we were riding the carriage and it was very fast. Then next thing we knew our gown was turning into rugs. The horses became mice again, the coachman was a fat rat, and the carriage became a pumpkin. We were sitting in the middle of the forest. I began to laugh.
"Who are you and why are you laughing." she asked in a calm soft voice. I could tell she was confused.
"Well, I'm a wanderer. My name is Astryd and frankly, I thought I was you." I responded.
"You know me?" She gasped.
"You are Cinderella right?" she nodded in affirmation.
"I'm sorry to take your identity on the ball. I will make this right." I stood up and noticed that the other glass shoes was on my feet. I took it.
"Here, take this. You need this." she was still confused.
"We should head to your house now before trouble finds us." She snapped out of confusion and ran. I followed her.