Chapter 8

ASTRYD

3 days since Nyx saw me got out of the tree. I don’t want to open the topic of that. What do I say to him?

“Hey, have you seen everything?”

“Hey, this might be weird but it’s pretty normal.”

Uhhhhg. What have I done? Someone saw me and I couldn’t say it to mom, well for starters she will have another reason to ban me going in there.

I went down my room for food when I realized I was alone again. I had the urge for some adventure. Sue me for being wanderlust but I can’t help it.

So what I did was heat up the lasagna my mom left for us and ate a small amount of it.

After eating, I immediately got out the house and went to the backyard hoping for another great adventure.

I let out a big sighed upon opening a door. I closed my eyes upon entering. I felt a cold breeze when I got in. I heard animals and when I opened my eyes I was terrified to see a big dog in front of me. And by big, the dog was huge and gigantic.

I ran around hoping that I would be outran the dog but who am I kidding, it was big and with this small body of mine I couldn’t.

I was running for long now but the dog haven’t moved an inch. It was still barking at me.

I giant woman went our way hushing the dog down.

“Hey buddy, what are you barking at?” her sweet voice asked the canine. Then she looked at me and bent down.

“How did you get in here?” she said as she extend her arms and letting her hand down on the ground. “Honey, don’t be scared. I won’t hurt you.”

I believed her sweet voice. She looks nice too. I climbed onto her hands and hugged her thumb. I was as big as her thumb. Did I got smaller or did the place just becomes bigger?

“What is your name?” she asked nicely.

“I… I am Astryd.” I told her.

“Ohh, what a nice name. So where do you came from?”

“I… I have no idea at all.”

“Poor thing. You must gone through a lot by the looks of what you are wearing.”

I looked at myself and saw how ragged my clothes are. Where have I come from?

“You should meet my daughter, she is about as big as you.” I saw her eyes glistened.

“Thumbelina!” she called her young one.

The old lady put me down on a table near the tree.

“I’m in here mother.” A gentle voice I heard. I looked down the table and saw a small beautiful girl with blue dress and her long yellow hair was neatly tied in a ribbon. She had this blue gorgeous eyes and she had the sweetest smile I have ever seen in my entire life.

The old woman got her up on the table with me.

“Oh my, you are like me.” she came running at me and hugged me tight. “We should wash and dress you, right mother?” She gazed at the old lady waiting for some sort of an affirmation.

“Oh yes sweetheart, we should.” The old lady said as she laid her hand on the table. Thumbelina pulled me to climb on the old lady’s hand and sat on her palm. She looks excited like a kid having a new toy.