Chapter 9

ASTRYD

The old lady came running towards me. You could see she was terrified just by looking at her face. Behind her was the dog barking at me earlier that day.

"What happened Astryd? Where is your sister? Are you okay?" she bombarded me with a few questions.

"Thu...Thu...Thumbelina" I was crying. She picked me up.

"Honey, what happened." She asked again calmly.

"I don't know. It's just that Thumbelina was gone when I came back."I explained. "All I saw was this shoe of hers." I gave the old lady Thumbelina's shoe.

"Came back? Where have you gone?" She asked.

"UUhhh. Peter, another creature just like us. He toured me around the place with his bee." I explained.

"I don't understand."

"When I came back. She was just gone."

"Why did you leave your sister alone?" the old lady sobbed.

"I'm sorry, I was just excited from all the things." I replied. "I'm sorry." I don't know what to say.

The old lady cried up all night until the sun touched the surface of the earth. You could see the rays of the sun from the window sill where it all happened.

All of the sudden someone was knocking on our window. It was Peter. He opened it all by himself and flew towards us.

"What happened here?" He asked me.

"Thumbelina is gone. We don't know where but she is gone." I replied. Tears welling up my eyes. I blame myself for everything.

He hugged me while I was still crying.

"There. There. I promise I'll find her." he whispered onto my hair kissing it.

"But how?" I looked at his blue eyes and I was still crying like a baby.

"I don't know but I'll find her." he assured me.

He jumped on beezy.

"I'll promise I'll find her." he shouted so the old lady could hear him. She was still crying.

"I'll come back here this afternoon with or without her. But I sure hope she is with me if I come back later." He said.

"Can I come?" I wanted to help. It was my fault after all.

"Stay here. Comfort your mother. I'll be back. I promise." He said that upon flying out of the window. But I really wanted to help find her. It was my fault after all.

Mother was crying her eyes out in her bedroom. I was so depressed knowing I made that. I was the reason that made her cry. So I made up my mind that I should help look for her.

I went to Thumbelina's dollhouse and rummage for some bag pack. I want to pack some things before going out. Who knows where and how long I will be out. I need some kits, food and any tool I would or I think I would use for this trip.

An hour later, I was on the roll. I didn't even let mother know I was going. She will not let me go.

First, I looked for clues on the room. There was no opening but the window so, I thought that it was the kidnapper's way off going in and out. I leap off the window going through the leaves and went down the plant. Then I saw some print on the mud. It was like some frog was in there. Then it hit me, maybe the frogs kidnapped Thumbelina.

I followed the frog trail until I got into the nearby river. I was kind of tired and thirsty so I sat on the edge and drank some water. It was really fresh and cold. I rested on the spot I sat admiring the nature when a fish splashed water at me. He or she was being playful.

"Hey, stop it." I said laughing.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were someone I know. I was playing with her all morning." The fish said and it was a he.

"Like me? Does she have a long golden brown hair, blue eyes and looks like me?" I asked hoping he had played with Thumbelina.

"Yes." He said excitedly.

"Is her name Thumbelina?" I asked.

"YES!" he was very enthusiastic on answering me on this one.

"Could you bring me to her?" I had to ask this.

"YES!!" he was very much excited. I think he is a kid.

"But how? I can't swim plus, the current is strong." He swam away from me. I thought he left me. All my hopes on finding Thumbelina fades, but few minutes later the fish got a lily pad that had its stem on his mouth.

"Hop in." the fish said between his teeth. I did what he said. I hop into the lily pad. As soon as I was in place. The fish swam. I asked him question about Thumbelina that answers yes and no. Well, I must ensure my safety too. What if the fish let go of the stem of the lily pad? What would happen to me?

Talking to the fish was well, I got to know that Thumbelina is well and she indeed kidnapped. But she is fine.

The fish got me into a big toy boat. I asked him to wait for me in case something bad happened. I jumped into it to see that it was quite empty and ran back to where the fish was.

"It's empty." I panicked. I was about to cry when a butterfly flew by.

"The toads is finding the little girl. She ran away."She said.

Oh ghad. Thumbelina, where can I find you.

****

A/N

Sorry writers block.

Hi everyone :)

Vote, Comment, Follow?