Chapter 19

ASTRYD

My brother's surprise party was a success. Thanks to Nyx for helping me. I was so tired when Nyx and I finished up cleaning the backyard. I went straight to my mom's bath, I made Nyx use our bathroom because he was sticky as I was.

I showered very quickly because I can feel the tiredness of my body. I need to sleep or at least lay my head. I was being proud of what I did. I've never saw that kind of happiness in my brother. Well I saw it maybe a few times, when my dad was still around.

I finished up quickly and went straight to bed. But I got my laptop in me. I opened it and the first thing I did was logged into Facebook.

They were friend requests. It was the dudes that my brother introduced earlier. Nick Fitz, Ash Sheen, Mark Gabree, Adam Montgomery, Ryan Salve and Gabe Bleu. I accepted them all.

I posted a status before checking my notifications.

'Thanks for attending my brother's surprise party. It made him really happy. Happy birthday Dion Arbyel Dieppe. I love you:*'

Next thing I did was check the notifications. Some was from the pictures I had put up about the outing and some were tagged pictures of my brother's birthday earlier. I laughed at myself because of my goofy pictures. Someone also took a picture of me shoving a round cake on my brother's face. I commented.

'Arbyel, I will never get tired of doing this to you every year. >:D'

Nyx commented on it too.

'You do this every year? Let me help you next year.'

I clicked on his profile. Come to think of it we weren't Facebook friends. I click the 'Add Friend' button. He accepted it immediately. Then to my horror, he changed his profile picture and tagged me. It was the picture he took from the plane. The picture with me. He captioned it with 'New friend'. There were many likes in a matter of seconds, then there were comments and lots of them.

'New girlfriend?' oh gods no.

'She's hotter than the last.' So she had a girlfriend.

'Hey, I never knew you were with Arbyel's sister.' This was from Adam.

'Cute.' Not even.

'Aww. Cute couple.' We are not a couple.

'What's her name?' Hey, I'm Astryd and I'm not his girlfriend.

'Is she from the uni?' I will be.

'Is that RB?' nope, I'm his sister.

My face felt hot. Why did he made it his profile picture? I also commented.

'Hey, take it down Nyx.'

'Why? You look gorgeous here. And it was our first picture together. Oh, come to think of it, it's the only picture we have.' He replied. People liked his comment. Oh gods. I messaged him.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: take it down. They think I'm your girlfriend.

Nyx Eros Cortez: Let them think. I think it's cute.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: Pssssh. Are they blind? They think I'm "hotter that your last one"

Nyx Eros Cortez: To tell you the truth, you are hotter than all of them.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: All of them? How many girlfriend did you had?

Nyx Eros Cortez: I don't know, I lost count.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: oh gods. You are not thinking clearly. Sleep, you need that.

Nyx Eros Cortez: haha.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: Goodnight love.

Nyx Eros Cortez: Goodnight too love.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: my name is not love. Your's is.

Nyx Eros Cortez: I know. Goodnight ?

That ended our conversation.

I noticed that Logan left no message too. But I was irritated at the last one he sent.

Logan Bennett: too late, you amuse me. I want to keep you.

So he see me as a toy. What a jerk. I want to say something to him.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: amuse you? I'm not a clown. I don't know how the hell I can be an amusement to you. Please tell me so I would stop doing it and keep you out of my life. Keep me? What do you think I am? A thing or a souvenir for keeping. Pssssh. You ruined my beautiful day.

Logan Bennett: Did you miss me? You couldn't stop yourself from messaging me, could you?

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: Sheesh, miss you? More like loathe you. Don't flatter yourself jerk. I'm just saying what I think. This conversation is over. I don't even know why I waste my time on you.

Logan Bennett: neither do I.

I could imagine the smile on his face while he typed that.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: Jerk!

Logan Bennett: Wow, I could really feel you hating me right now.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: Good.

Logan Bennett: Happy birthday to your brother. I can see from the pictures that you were having so much fun.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: stalker.

Logan Bennett: no. my cousin was in that party and he made me look at the picture he took of you. He thinks you are hot.

Who the hell is his cousin? Is it one of the college dudes or the jocks?

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: Sheesh. Just go away. I'm tired. Stop messaging me.

Logan Bennett: You were the first to message me, hungry.

Dionne Astryd Dieppe: Stop calling me hungry.

I logged off after I had sent it. The nerve of that guy. It ruined my night. But I was so tired to give a f*ck.