Chapter 18

NYX

Since the night we talk about what's happening with our life. Ty and I started hanging out. I like that. It made me know her better. We go to parks and eat a lot on the diner. We even hang out even without RB. He was always busy doing nothing and being lazy all day.

We had planned something for his birthday. It started in the morning that we absolutely didn't greet him. I think it made him think because as what Ty told me, she always brings her brother her home made cake on bed and wake him up with a happy birthday song. Well today, she didn't do it.

She had planned something else. She invited his brother's friends from high school. Of course the one's she was familiar with and told them to invite his close friends. She had strict orders for friends only. She made me invite our classmates in the university too.
"Hey RB! Mom told me that you buy these from the groceries." She handed a long list to her brother.
"You coming Nyx?" RB asked.
"Sorry dude. I kind of promised Ty that I'd help her with the cleaning. You're mom said to clean the house."
"Oh okay then." You could see the disappointment on his face. "See you later then."
"Okay. You take care. Ha..." his face lightened. Maybe he thinks that I'd greet him. "Have a safe trip my friend." He scowled.
"Some friend you are." He told me. I smirked.

When RB was gone, Ty made a move. She popped a cake on the oven and cooked some finger foods. She asked me to fetch the bag of chips and drinks from her bedroom and arranged the tables in the backyard while she was busy doing her magic on the kitchen.

I find it hot when a girl had skills in cooking. When I finished setting up the backyard, I pestered her on the kitchen
"Hey, can I help in here. I'm finished setting up outside." popping a small hotdog in my mouth. She was busy making some sandwiches now.
"Really? That was fast. Uhm, Could you get the cake from the oven?" She asked whizzing her way through the kitchen counter.
"Sure." I got the cake out of the oven. It was a big chocolate rectangular shaped cake. "So where do I put it?" She looked at me then the whole kitchen. There was no place available for the big cake. She arranged some stuff and get it off the counter.
"Here." She said as she put the utensils on the dish washer. "Uhm, could you put on the icing?" she handed me a bowl of chocolate icing.
"How the hell would I do that?" I asked thinking that I would design the thing. She rolled her eyes at me. Oh shoot, I find that one sexy too. She got the spatula and dipped it in the chocolate icing getting a big amount of it and spread it over the cake.
"Like this." She looked at me and caught me staring at her. "Look at the cake not me, It's the one you will put icing on and not me." she smirked.
"Oh really?" I got dipped my fingers on the icing and smudge it on her cheeks.
"Oh you didn't!" she shouted. She got a handful of icing and spat it all over my face. Next thing we knew we were having fun with the icing. It lasted until I caught her in my arm and our face was inches from each other. That made things awkward, we arranged ourselves and got back to work. We put icing on the cake and she designed it with sugar made gears she whipped earlier.

After we had finished cooking, we cleaned the kitchen, we washed up and dressed for the occasion. I was mesmerized when I saw her wearing a cute floral dress. She was beautiful on that dress. Who would've known that she would be so hot? Uh, well, I thought she was hot the moment I saw her.

We waited on the living room for some people to arrive. It was like forever when the first person, err, group of people came. The door rang. It was a whole bunch of dudes. Ty told me it was RB's teammates back in high school.
"Hey!! Long time no see Ty. You've grown into a beautiful creature." A dude named Zac joked. She smiled at them and made them go in the backyard. When there were so much people in the backyard, we heard RB's car and told the people to keep quiet.
"Ty, Nyx? Where are you guys?" we heard him calling.
"In here!" Ty shouted. Next thing that happened is that RB opened the door and everybody shouted 'Happy Birthday'.

I could see on the dud's face he was happy about what was happening.
"Dudes!" he was pointing at the basketball dudes. The dudes walked towards him and made some kind of handshake.

Then after that, he went to our engineering classmates. I walked towards them too.
"Is this your plan?" RB asked me.
"Nope, it's all your sister." I told him.

He called her sister. Ty walked towards us.
"This is my loving sister Astryd." He mentioned to our classmates. Ty waved at them.
"Ty, this is Fitz, Ash, Mark, Adam, Ryan and Gabe. They are all our classmates in engineering." He was pointing at the guys.
"You looked like your brother." Adam said.
"Very." Gabe said.
"I know." I said. They all laughed.

The party went great. When it was time to cut the cake, Ty gave RB a circular cake. It was not the one we made earlier. RB said his thanks to every person that made it here and to Ty who made this all possible. Then Ty shoved the cake on RB's face which made us laugh our butts off. RB's face was covered in chocolate icing.
"Every time Ty. Every freaking time." Ty kissed him on his icing filled cheeks and said happy birthday. She then gave him the large cake to blow the candle off. When Ty put the cake down RB hugged him and made the icing on his shirt stick to Ty.

Then next thing I knew Ty was running towards me and wiped some icing on my face again. We really had fun.

The party ended and everyone got home wishing happy birthday to RB again. Ty and RB cleaned were cleaning up the mess when I saw them.
"Hey men, it's your birthday. Let me help Ty and you do the cleaning of yourself now." I chuckled. He was still covered with so much icing. He looked at me and said okay. He kissed his Ty's forehead.
"Thanks sis. This is the best birthday present you gave me." He smiled and so is his sister.
"No biggie. You know I'd do anything for you bro." she grinned.

RB went inside the house as Ty and I were cleaning the backyard. The darkness was swallowing the light in the sky. It's getting dark. The lights turned on. I saw Ty on the table with her garbage bag and she was shoving everything on it.

I laughed because she was still covered with icing and she looked awfully sticky. But she look gorgeous. I caught myself laughing at myself while looking at her. Oh shoot. What is this feeling? Butterflies was churning my stomach again.