Chapter 28

A/N

So i would like to dedicate this chapter to @This_is_a_lession for dropping a touching comment on the last chapter. Thanks really. I love how you appreciate my writing. Hope you will enjoy this one.

***

ASTRYD

The next morning, we left the camp. General Li, Zhang’s father, requested that we should be heading to be the front liner in the war. I was terrified by that. Whi wouldn't? We could die.

On our way, the guys were daydreaming about the girls that was worth fighting for. They are telling us what type of girls are they into and what would they be doing if we have won the war.

They were excited about the front line stuff and were giddy about it. What is wrong with these people? Why are they excited about almost burying themselves in their own grave. It's like half of their bodies is almost six feet under. I would never understand it. Maybe because I am not a soldier and I am what they are fighting for. You know, a girl worth fighting for.

Everyone stopped talking and halted when we saw the sight of a completely destroyed village. It was devastating and in ruins. All the energy that was there earlier all vanished because of the sight of this. Seems like it was all washed away by the sight of this.

It was depressing to see it. The village was turned into ashes. We had walked into the village. There were arrows and swords scattered all around. It was still warm and smoke was all over the atmosphere. Desolation had come upon this village.

We were roaming and scavenging for something. Somethng that might ave help us find out what happened nd who might the culprit are. We also searched for some survivors but nothing. Not a soul seen. It was burn down to its hilt.

A soldier gave General Zhang a helmet. I wasn’t sure of what it meant but I felt anger rise inside him. I assumed that was his dad’s helmet and the helmet pretty much told him that his dad died.

Despite General Zhang’s father's death, he was motivated by his duty as a soldier and announced that we must travel through the mountains to the Imperial City to protect the Emperor. And so we did.

As we travel, we were mourning by the death of a village at the same time. We passed some other abandoned village and now we are going through into the mountains.

Mushu, being a clumsy dude, accidentally sets off a cannon from the cart Mulan and I were pulling.

Next thing I knew there were flaming arrows flying from every direction there is. Everything happened so fast.

The cart with the remaining cannon was hit, setting fire to the cannon cart and made it explode in different direction.

Our men manage to save some of the cannons before the cart explodes and seek shelter on a rocky outcropping.

We saw the people who were throwing arrows at us charging. It was very scary. General Zhang instructs Yao to aim the last cannon at the people who are charging ahead, but to my horror, Mulan grabs the last cannon from Yao and she ran towards the charging big guys.

General Zhang called her to retreat. She didn’t listened to him. I saw her use Mushu to ignite the cannon. We were kind of shocked to see that Mulan missed the scary looking guy in front of her.

The cannon did exploded into an icy peak. The scary looking guy in front of her smiled evilly ad slashed his big sharp sword at Mulan. She screamed in agony. I felt her pain through her scream. He also punched the General on his face that cause him to be unconscious.

The cannon that missed the scary looking guy and hit into an icy peak caused an avalanche.

It all happened very fast. We coudn't save anything. The ice had crushed the bad guys. We also saw the General unconscious and Mulan rescued him. We ran for our lives and hid behind a large rock at the edge of a cliff as the avalanche flows past. Good thing we were saved by that.

When everyone was safe and Zhang was conscious again, Mulan collapsed in front of us because of the injury the scary looking man gave her. Luckily we had a doctor in the troop so he immediately took charge of the situation.

Meanwhile, General Zhang was giving me his sermon about the cannons. The doctor got out of the tent where Mulan was being treated and asked for General Zhang’s minute. They were talking about something and I didn’t make out of what they were saying. It’s hard to read their lips.

General Zhang came running to the tent. I could see worriedness plastered all over his face. Then next thing I knew Zhang was running outside the tent with anger now plastered into his face. What had happened?

Mulan ran after him saying her apology to General Zhang. I automatically knew what was happening. General Zhang knew that Mulan was a girl.

A man who was his adviser said that he should kill her for impersonating a soldier. I wouldn’t let Zhang kill her. I didn’t knew what had got into me but I blurted my secret too. I yold them I too was also a girl.

The soldiers looked at me in awe. They were shooting glares at us. And some of the dudes we made friends with, shot a sympathy look at us. They couldn’t do something. We couldn't do something.

Mulan and I were side by side holding hands. General Zhang lifted his sword. I thought I was gonna die in that moment, I saw the horror in Nyx’s eyes. He was terrified as I am.

I closed my eyes and everything went through my head. My childhood, my dad, my mom, my brother, the memories, and the adventures I had. What wil be of them when I die in this story? Will I be remembered? Will I be forgtten?

Everything flashed before me. I was gonna die and this is what my brain gave me. The memories of people who love me. I was pained by that and tears started filling my eyes.

***

A/N

i know we all knew what had happen to Mulan in her story but will that happen to Astryd as well?

Sorry for a bit of a cliffhanger here :)

Love you guys.

Vote, Comment and Share with your friends.

-anotherstoryteller