018

How Jessica Stanley managed to be valedictorian will forever be a mystery to me. I easily could have done it, as could my siblings, but for the sake of keeping a low profile it was all but forbidden. Carlisle had never expressly told me I couldn't do it, but the sentiment was there.

Salutatorian was fine, though. Edward disapproved, but considering I would only graduate human once he let it slide. Emmett grinned when he saw me. "Look at you! Our little Rowan all grown up."

I rolled my eyes, but my smile gave away my lack of actual annoyance. "Yeah, yeah. Let's not forget that Edward, Bella, Jasper, and Alice are graduating too."

"But the only person in that list who hasn't already graduated one too many times is Bella. Let us have this moment," Alice said.

"Pictures, pictures! Try to look somewhat excited, Rowan," Esme said, grabbing me before I could make a beeline for my mates, who were standing off with bemused expressions.

"Esme-" I protested, quickly plastering on a smile before she could take several images of me talking. "Do we have to do this now?"

"Yes, because I know you'll not want to do it after the ceremony," she said, an ounce of scolding in her voice. "Now keep still and smile. Edward, Jasper, Alice, get in there with her. I'll take pictures of you all with Bella once we get there."

Ten minutes and many pictures later, I was finally free actually go to my mates. "Sorry."

"Don't be. We'll take copies of the best photos," Caius said, ignoring the incredulous look I sent his way in favor of sending Esme a smile.

She looked faintly amused. "Of course."

"You look lovely," Aro said, smiling at me.

"Thanks. I feel like I'm wearing a plastic bag," I told them, tugging at one of the gown sleeves. "Fortunately, Alice picked out something... cool."

That was probably the only bright side to the dress she picked out.

"Here," I said, reaching out to straighten Caius's tie. "You all look dashing."

"Thank you, love." Aro smiled and reached towards me with a hand. I knew what he wanted even as Emmett called for my attention and twined our fingers together, registering his hum of contentment.

"You going with them?" Emmett asked. Rose and Emmett were the only ones left - Edward, Alice and Jasper had already left for the garage since they were leaving together, as had Carlisle and Esme.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there. Good?"

"Absolutely. Don't forget to meet up, Esme wants more pictures with Bella included. Oh, and after that she wants more pictures of you four, and-"

"I get it! Esme wants pictures," I said, grinning.

"We're going to be late if we don't hurry," Rose said, dragging Emmett towards the garage. I followed after them, and soon we were on our way to graduation.

Caius was driving, and his eyes, blue thanks to the colored contacts, slipped towards me every few moments. "Are you nervous about your speech?"

"A little," I admitted. "But I think it'll be alright."

"That's the spirit," Aro said, smiling.

"Oh, before I forget: for the sake of appearances, I think it may be better if I'm only seen dating one of you for today."

Some variant of "It should be me" was spoken by all three vampires. Fortunately, having seen this coming already, I had determined who would be acting the part beforehand.