Waste It On Me (Part One)

~Inspired by Waste It On Me by BTS~

(School/Artist AU)

For all his life, Taehyung has played it safe. He went to school everyday, got high grades, and respected his peers. He never swore, never drank, never dated, or had sex. He did everything his parents asked of him in hopes of making them proud. He even got into a prestigious university for business. Just for them. Everything he's ever done was to please them.

But now—on the night of his senior graduation—Taehyung is restless. He sits between his friends Yoongi, Jimin, and Hoseok as they talk and gossip and reminisce on their wild high school times, beers in hand while pounding music and sweaty bodies surround them. His first—and last—high school party, and Taehyung feels like he is suffocating.

"Fuck you remember that one girl? The one who—"

"Not in front of Tae Tae," Yoongi growls, and Taehyung pouts softly.

"You guys don't need to censor around me..."

"It's just that you're so sweet and innocent, Tae Tae," Jimin coos. Any other day, Taehyung might've laughed or played up that cutesy mindset. Not tonight. Tonight, he doesn't want to be that cute, pure, innocent friend. With a sigh, he stands, tucking his hands into his sweater sleeves.

"I need fresh air," he grumbles, stepping over Hoseok's legs and slipping amongst the mass of bodies, making his way to the door, the crisp summer air wrapping around him. He takes a deep breath to soothe his frustrations while wandering away from the busy pool and patio of screaming students. He finds an isolated side yard, dropping down quickly on one of the patio chairs. He throws his head back as he stares up at the stars, thinking over high school with a deep frown on his lips. He realizes he's done absolutely nothing. He studied and got good grades, but that was it. No drinking, no partying, no dating, no cursing, no sex...sex...Taehyung sighs heavily, knowing part of the reason he never messed around was because he doesn't like girls. He can't see himself dating one or even befriending them. He hates how foreign the female sex is to him, but he's more comfortable with males. Always has been, probably always will be. But dating a guy is forbidden in his home...he remembers how his parents reacted when Namjoon brought his boyfriend home instead of a girlfriend. Taehyung was thrilled that his brother was finally happy. His parents tossed him on the streets.

Taehyung's gaze moves from the glowing orbs above his head to the silent yard around him. Jimin and the others haven't come to find him. He could just leave. Suddenly, a dark figure saunters away from the patio, cursing under his breath as he fumbles in his dark jacket pockets. He pulls out a small box, his face still hidden in the shadows as Taehyung watches him lean against the wooden fence, slip a thin cigarette between his lips, and strike the lighter to life. The orange glow illuminates the boy's face, and instantly Taehyung gulps. Jeon Jungkook stands six feet away. He is the baddest of the bad; a student known for partying, drugs, and sleeping around. He's covered head to toe in tattoos and piercings, his body a canvas of artwork clinging to lithe muscle, but despite that he still passed all of his courses which means he can at least try. Dark charcoal eyes look over at Taehyung, and he swiftly looks down at the fake lawn beneath him. A deep chuckle touches Taehyung's ears, and he can feel his cheeks heat swiftly. This is the first time he's experienced this. Experienced anything more than the numb desperation to please parents who don't fucking care.

"If it isn't Valedictorian Kim Taehyung," Jungkook purrs, stepping closer to Taehyung who just rolls his eyes.

"You don't need to call me that, Jeon Jungkook," he quickly retorts, his biting tongue surprising the dark-haired bad boy. Taehyung has been nothing but kind and respectful to everyone he meets. What has him so uptight tonight?