All of Me (Part Three)

Taehyung stands in front of the mirror, his fingers nervously working on the tie around his neck. He loops it through and tugs, smiling softly to himself when the effort forms a perfect knot. Jungkook was the one who taught him how to tie a tie, the two sitting in Jungkook's room after school one day, and just taking the time to loop the fabric around each other's necks. A knock on Taehyung's door has him startling slightly, his mother instantly opening it and looking in. Her sharp eyes run over his perfectly styled hair, white button-up shirt, black jacket, dark jeans, and the tie in his hands. His black dress shoes sit beside his bed, and his mom nods approvingly.

"You look very nice, Taehyung. Your father will approve. Hurry up though, we are supposed to leave in five minutes," she demands, and Taehyung nods, his usually expressive face frozen in a stoic frown.

"Yes, Mother..." he says, and she saunters off. Taehyung sighs finishes adjusting the knot on his tie, buttons his jacket, and stomps into his shoes. He feels very over-dressed and out of place, yet knowing his parents, they will be going to the most pretentious restaurant in the city.

As Taehyung climbs into his father's sleek black car, he knows his assumptions were correct. They drive through Suburbia to the city, his mother babbling about simple pleasantries in the front seat while Taehyung looks out the window, his eyes gleaming at the sight of the sparkling buildings and busy nightlife. Suburbia is never like this. It is quiet and calm and serene. It is where people raise families, and the elders retire after their careers are over. It is a place that suffocates those that do not belong. Unlike the city where it seems to breed ingenuity, the arts, and innovators. It grows as the citizens within it grow, making the city more beautiful and chaotic with each building put in.

Taehyung watches with dread as his father pulls into the parking lot for a fancy restaurant, the crisp metal walls interrupted by large shining panels of glass. He nervously gets out of the car once his parents do, that sense of dread growing as his father leads them towards the door. He fiddles with his sleeves as his father gives his name before saying something the young boy did not expect.

"It's a party of five,"

Taehyung looks at his mother, yet she just flashes him a determined smile, ignoring his confusion and the rising anxiety that is clearly showing on his face. The hostess leads them to a large room in the back of the restaurant, her stiletto heels clicking on the tiled floor, and causing Taehyung's anxiety to rise with each sharp staccato click. Once they round the corner, Taehyung understands. Sitting at a circular table in the private room is an older gentleman and a smaller, mousy looking girl who can be assumed to be the man's daughter. Her copper-brown eyes notice Taehyung and the others approaching, tapping her father's arm to draw his attention. Taehyung barely hears the introductions of the man and his daughter; his heart is pounding too loudly in his ears. This is a trap. He's been set up by his parents. This becomes painfully clear when his father shoves him towards the seat next to the young girl named Bella, and the adults sit on the other side of the table; Taehyung's father takes the head seat, staring at Taehyung with an aggressive scowl on his face.

"Taehyung. Have you nothing to say to Bella?" his father questions, and it is then that Taehyung realizes he hasn't spoken. He's too busy internally panicking, his thoughts circling around the plan, and how this is who his parents want him to marry, and in the next few months he is going to completely lose his freedom once he graduates, and what about Jungkook? He loves him, he doesn't want to leave him and-- "TAEHYUNG," his father's stern voice rips him from his thoughts and he gulps.

"It's...it's nice to meet you, Miss Bella..." Taehyung stammers shyly, his deep voice surprising the girl.

"I heard it was your birthday, Taehyung...how old did you turn?" his dad's business associate asks and Taehyung gently smiles, trying to shake his panic to at least show some semblance of politeness.