Don't Cha (Part One)

Inspired by The Pussycat Dolls' "Don't Cha"

Modern College AU...yes, another one.

....

Kim Taehyung has the most perfect life: a loving family, steady career choice, good grades, good looks, and a girlfriend who loves him. He graduated high school at the top of his class, got into his first choice university with his high school sweetheart, and has been pursuing a degree in medicine. Everything is perfect. Everything except his neighbor, that is.

Jeon Jungkook is a rough and rugged sort of character. He had a tough upbringing, graduating from high school only to move thousands of miles away for university where he managed to get accepted on scholarship. He studies chemistry while working part-time as a mechanic, listens to his music too loud, and incessantly hits on Taehyung any chance he gets. It is a recipe for disaster...just not in the way Taehyung expects it to be.

...

Thursday 8:00 am. The day begins with Taehyung's alarm blaring obnoxiously loud, and thumping coming from the other side of the wall.

"Shut that off!" Jungkook shouts, his deep voice waking the boy who instantly slams his hand on the button, his heart pounding loudly in his chest.

"Calm the fuck down, jeez..." Taehyung groans, running his hand through his messy chestnut hair. He rolls over in bed, stretching amongst the pillows as he contemplates actually getting out of the warm blankets or staying tucked away and cozy. He's about to fall back asleep when the shower starts next door; the sound of the water pipes rushing in the wall across from him has Taehyung cursing under his breath and finally climbing out of bed. He can't complain too much about his quaint apartment. The landlord is nice, everything is clean, and it is in walking distance of his university so he doesn't have to drive every day and pay for ridiculously expensive parking. He is an optimist. This place was a steal when considering the cost of living in other--far larger--apartment complexes. No, this will do. Even if the walls are thin, his neighbor of six months is absolutely obnoxious, and the water heater doesn't always work right away. At least it is his.

He makes his breakfast with a small smile, enjoying a hot cup of tea before going to take his shower. He's learned to stagger his routine since he and Jungkook first started living side-by-side with only a thin wall separating the two of them. He didn't want to cause an argument over the hot water heater not working if both of them shower at the same time, though he's got a feeling Jungkook wouldn't ever really argue with him. The guy isn't that bad...just perverted.

Taehyung tries not to think about his neighbor, and instead on what his day entails. He has three classes today, and then a study session with his girlfriend at the library. The two have a final in biology coming up, and she's having a hard time with some of the terminologies while Taehyung seems to be handling it just fine. After studying, Iris has to go to a family thing, so Taehyung plans to come back to his apartment and study some more. He can never be too prepared.

When Taehyung hops out of the shower, it is almost 9:30 am, so he quickly dresses in a black sweater layered over a plaid button-up shirt and dark jeans, combs and straightens his messy hair, stomps on some shoes, and hurries for the door.