Scary Love

*Inspired by The Neighbourhood's Scary Love*

Artist Taehyung/Art Gallery Owner Jungkook

WARNING: SMUT! DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!

(Image for Tae is above ^)

...

Taehyung stares out the window, listening to the rain pound down on the roof of his small, loft apartment. The rain runs along the windowpane, streaks and splashes of raindrops blur streetlights into unknown shapes and figures. Normally, Taehyung loves the city. The lights, sounds, and constant buzz of loud, excited, distractions. Tonight, though, he is lonely. The city reminds him of just how truly isolated he is. All of his friends--besides one--live in the countryside, surrounded by rolling hills and large trees and lakes. He used to love that countryside. Until everyone turned against him for being gay. Small towns often harbor small minds.

With a sigh, Taehyung lights up a cigarette, his attention temporarily displaced to the glowing ember and his apartment. Canvases fill most of the space, all scattered about and in different stages of completion. Paint pots and brushes clutter all surfaces; splatters, specks, and smears contaminate a dining room table that obviously hasn't been used in months.

He has a month to complete six masterpieces. Six pieces of art that will wow society. He's lucky to have a gallery showcase his work, lucky to have such a forgiving land lady who has waved several months of late rent in return for a doggy sitter. He can't remember the last time he showered or ate a proper meal. He's been so focused on his art and not thinking about his past that he's neglected all of his needs. It's just too much of a hassle.

All thoughts and chaotic wanderings of his brain are cut off by his phone loudly ringing. He perks up at that ringtone, "Scary Love":

Your love is scaring me.

No one has ever cared for me.

As much as you do.

Ooh, yeah, I need you here--

That ringtone belongs to only one person: Jeon Jungkook. The art gallery owner that showcases Taehyung's art, and his closest friend in the city. Also, the sexiest man Taehyung has ever met. A big grin crosses his chapped lips as he grabs his phone and presses the green answer button.

"Heeeeyyy Kookie!" Taehyung chimes, his back pressing against one of the exposed brick walls. The deep sardonic chuckle on the other end of the phone causes Tae's skin to tingle with anticipation and desire. A lonely desperate sort of desire that has him fidgeting in his dark sweats.

"Taehyung, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?" Jungkook retorts and Taehyung's smile widens.

"You know how much I enjoy teasing you, though," Taehyung coos, enjoying the audible sigh on the other end.

"I didn't call to be teased, hyung. I called to check in on the paintings,"

"Oh...um...they're coming along..." Tae says, looking at the unfinished work.

"That bad...?" Jungkook's voice takes a gentler tone, a concerned tone, that makes Taehyung feel all sorts of things he probably shouldn't.

"Yeah...it's pretty bad..." Taehyung quietly admits, long fingers tracing over his tattooed wrist.

"Have you eaten, hyung? You sound weak," Jungkook says. He's always been like this. Like he knows what Taehyung needs even if Taehyung doesn't want him to.