All of Me (Part Two)

Taehyung wakes the next morning in his bed with his alarm clock blaring beside him. He isn't sure exactly when he fell asleep or how he ended up in the fluffy bed, but what he does know is that it is Jungkook's doing. There's a small post-it note on his pillow and a bottle of painkillers on his nightstand. Taehyung sits up, wincing slightly as pain shoots through his lower back. He picks up the post-it note, reading it with a smile.

Hey bub,

I hope you're feeling okay this morning. I'm sorry I couldn't stay, but I figured it would be better this way. Come to my house if you want to go to school together. Mom said she'd make us breakfast.

Love you,

JK

Taehyung instantly takes two painkillers before sliding out of bed and looking at the clock. 6:32. Early enough for him to make it over to Jungkook's for breakfast and go to school with him, but late enough that his mother and father have already gone off to work. Taehyung wanders into his bathroom and turns the shower on, taking time to clean himself completely. He remembers what happened with Jungkook the night before, and his cheeks heat lightly from those thoughts. Jungkook was so gentle and so caring, it made Taehyung feel safe. Safe and loved, and that is all he can ever ask for.

He gets out of the shower close to 7 am, drying off quickly and throwing on a white shirt, red jacket, and black pants. He dresses with a sense of urgency, not wanting to miss out on his chance to see Jungkook and his mother this morning. He quickly stomps on a pair of Converse, runs his fingers through his curly black hair, and grabs his backpack, sprinting out of his room and down the stairs as the excitement starts to bubble inside. He grabs his house key before exiting and locking the door. He puts his keys securely in his bag while racing up the road to a house identical to his except for two flower pots beside the door with bright magenta blossoms.

As soon as he reaches the front door, Jungkook opens it, a bright smile on his face when he sees Taehyung standing there. He pulls the boy into his house, shuts the door, and hugs him without a care in the world. Taehyung immediately hugs Jungkook back, a grin on his lips as he wraps his arms around Jungkook's neck.

"Morning, Kookie...did you sleep well?" Taehyung asks, his words muffled against Jungkook's shoulder. The dark-haired boy nods before stepping back.

"What about you? How are you feeling this morning? Are you sore--"

"There better be a good reason why my baby is sore!" a voice calls from the kitchen and Taehyung blushes, a big boxy smile crossing his lips before he wanders into the kitchen where Jungkook's mother stands at a counter packing up three separate lunches. On the island is a plate of steaming pancakes drenched in blueberries and honey.

"Good morning, Mrs. Jeon," Taehyung politely says as he sets three place settings out on the island for him, Jungkook, and his mother. Mrs. Jeon reaches over and grabs Taehyung by the shoulder wrapping him in a very warm hug. Taehyung hugs her back, smiling at the comforting sensation. His parents aren't the hugging type. They find it a useless gesture of showing unnecessary affection, yet for Taehyung, a warm hug is everything. He grew up with Mrs. Jeon and Jungkook giving him hugs and affection when his own family would not. Mrs. Jeon smiles as she strokes Taehyung's curly hair, only separating from the hug so she can look over the young boy.

"Morning, my Tae Tae. Happy Birthday, baby," she chimes, stepping back as Jungkook puts several pancakes on plates for him, his mother, and Taehyung, "Did Jungkook give you a good present this year?" she asks, winking at Taehyung which has him blushing brightly. Jungkook laughs at the response, shaking his head at his mom's question.

"He gave me this," Taehyung says, holding his wrist out to show the bracelet. Jungkook's mom stops what she's doing to look at the leather bracelet around Taehyung's wrist, a bright smile crossing her lipstick-coated lips.