Damn Regret (Part Three)

Three hours of swim practice later, and Jin, Hobi, and Taehyung are all at Jin's house preparing for the show. Taehyung is nervous. He's never been to a concert, and afterward is the first time he's going to have people staying at his place. Jin digs through his closet, looking for clothes that he and Taehyung can wear while Hobi showers.

"Jin, I don't know if this is a good idea..." Taehyung murmurs, eyeing the extravagant clothes flying out of Jin's closet, "I don't fit at a place like Bugsy's..."

"Since when have you cared about fitting in?!" Jin cries, looking over at Taehyung only to see the same sad puppy-dog look on his face that has been there all day long, "Tae...this isn't about Bugsy's or Jungkookie...is it...?" Jin hesitantly asks, kneeling next to Taehyung as the blond boy shakes his head no, "And this isn't because of what the guys said earlier about your muscles...?" Jin adds and again Tae shakes his head no.

"I'm used to the teasing...it's my brother...he's out of his coma," Taehyung mumbles, tears in his eyes as a sad smile forms on his lips, "He's awake, and I can't even go see him..."

"What? Why not!?! You know how much your brother loved you!"

"Mom and Dad..." Taehyung simply says and Jin shuts down. There's nothing Jin can say when it comes to his parents. So instead, he pulls the boy into a hug, letting Taehyung rest his chin on his shoulder while Jin strokes his back.

"It'll be okay...when your brother is out of the hospital, you should reach out to him. See if he'll come visit you," Jin suggests and Taehyung nods, his face still pressed into Jin's broad chest, "Good. Now that that's out, how bout we get you all dressed up for the pub. I've got some hair dye I am DYING to try out on you," Jin adds, laughing loudly at his own joke, which has Taehyung laughing too.

"What I miss?" Hobi asks as he walks out of the bathroom in tight leather pants, a dark shirt tucked into them, and a bright red leather jacket. Taehyung just gawks at him, shocked that Hobi looks like this when he's not wearing baggy t-shirts or hoodies.

"Well, shit..." Taehyung mumbles and Hobi laughs.

"Careful, Tae, your gay is showing," Hobi says with a wink before Taehyung shakes his head and turns to look at Jin, his eyes all big and begging.

"I wanna look like that, Jin-hyung!" Taehyung cries, pointing at Hobi like a child would. Both Hobi and Jin crack up, and Taehyung smiles, his heart lightening at the jokes and playful laughter that fills the room.

"Sorry, Tae Tae, but you need muscles to look as hot as I do," Hobi teases while Jin preps the hair dye and picks out Taehyung's outfit. The blond lets them pamper him, the pain in his heart fading as he gets excited for the concert. Most importantly, for seeing Jungkook.

...

Jungkook paces back and forth backstage, his nerves getting the best of him. He has the songs and setlist memorized by heart, his fingers itching to play the chords, yet he can't calm down. It is 7:50, and Taehyung isn't here yet. Jungkook keeps peeking out behind the curtain, staring into the pub of rowdy punks and drinkers and potheads. This is the usual crowd on a Friday night, and yet Jungkook can't see Taehyung and his friends.

"Relax, Jungkook. Jin texted me. They're almost here," Namjoon says as he comes up behind Jungkook. The raven-haired boy turns to look at Namjoon, a half-smile on his face as relief fills his veins.

"Cool...cool. I'm glad..." he absently replies, running his fingers through his hair as he lets out a deep breath. Jimin and Yoongi pop up next to the two boys, both of them smirking at Jungkook's whipped demeanor.

"Trust me. You're gonna love seeing him..." Jimin murmurs and Jungkook cocks a brow, confused by what the boy knows that he doesn't.

"Why—" Before Jungkook can ask anymore, Namjoon's phone starts ringing and the boy answers it, covering his other ear so he can hear. It is just a thirty-second call, yet the smile that stretches across Namjoon's face lets Jungkook know the boys are here.