■ T H R E E ■

■ THREE ■

If there was one thing I was certain about, it was the Mareno brother's were being weird and I didn't like that. It meant I couldn't read them and somehow get away from them, but at the same time, a part of me hoped they'd stop being the douches they were.

I trudged down the stairs to see my father pacing around in the kitchen. "Everything cool, dad?" I asked, as I slid onto the stool.

"Oh yeah, just an existential crisis here and a existential crisis there, but I'm fine, what about you, still going to kill the next door neighbours?" He asked opening up the fridge to pull out a bottle of Coke.

"Maybe, at the moment, only one of then needs to die," I replied as he handed me a glass full of the soft drink.

"Only one? That's a positive step forward" my father replied.

I gave him a look as he chuckled. "You know when I was your age, there was this really hot girl in my class, she was an absolute worst nightmare but she was hot so everyone had the hots for her," he started to say.

"The more mean she was, the more some guys really thought she was hot," he said before taking another drink of his soft drink.

"Are you trying to tell me James and Chase are mean to me because I think they're hot?" I asked, confused.

"Not silly, they're mean to you because they're boys, and boys are always mean to the girls they like, but there's always a fine line with trying to get the girl's attention and straight up abuse, but anyway, they're trying to get your attention is the moral of the story," Dad finally finished.

"My attention? We've been neighbours since like the beginning of time, and now they want my attention? I'm so confused," I replied, rubbing my temples.

"Yes darling, but let's face it, you've changed over the summer," he said, rounding the bench.

He walked to me amd pulled me into a hug. "You'll always be my little girl though," he replied, squeezing tightly.

"Dad.." I complained.

He chuckled again and pulled away. "You'll be okay, there's always more to the story, maybe you should give them a chance to explain their actions," he said before shrugging one shoulder and turning around.

He left me to my thoughts as I sighed. This year was going to suck.

The next day as my mother and father talked about work in the kitchen, I dressed to inpress. Honestly, I had a theory to test and if my thoughts were correct, I'd have to do something about it.

I braided my hair before running a straightner over it, and then taking it out. My hair fell in bouncy waves on my shoulder and I looked at reflection, kinda proud of what I achieved.

"Christie!" I hears my mum call out.

I walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs. Sitting on a stool, Dad turned his head to glance at me before choking amd spilling coffee everywhere.

"What did you want for breakfast darling?" Mum asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"It's okay, I'm sorted," I replied.

She turned around to look at me, her eyes widening. "Am I missing something?" She asked confused as she looked at my get up.

"I'm doing an experiment, a social experiment," I replied, giving her a smile.

"And what silly person gave you this idea?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"Dad did, I mean, he didn't mean to because he was just giving me advice but it made me think of a few things and now I want to run an experiment," I replied as my mother shot my father a glare.

He looked caught in the headlights.

"Honey, you can't wear that to school," Mum said, pursing her lips.

Her tired eyes studied my clothing. She looked a lot like me, of course the older and more mature version but the only thing I took from my father is the colour of my eyes and hair.

"Why can't I? Every other girl wears shit like this, worse even, the skirts get shorter everyday somehow," I replied, raising an eyebrow.

Dad chuckled before coughing to cover it as mum shot him a glare. "Fine but if you get sent to the Principal's office, don't come crying to me," she said sighing.

I took a bite of my apple as I smiled in triumph. "Thanks mum," I said, before kissing her on the cheek.

She sighed. I walked over to Dad and gave him a cheek kiss before grabbing my school bag on the stool next to me. "I'm off, have a good at work," I said cheerfully. 

"Bye honey," Dad replied waving as mum didn't say anything.

I opened the front door and moved out onto my front lawn, shutting the door behind me. Walking down my driveway, I heard James's voice.

"It appears an angel did fall from heaven last night," he said, prompting me to turn towards him.

I gave him a smile. "But James, you fell from heaven a long time ago, that's why you're the King of hell," I replied.

He smirked. "I can be the Devil, he sounds-," James paused, "hot." He finished.

I rolled my eyes. His bleached blonde hair was sleeked back, making him look a lot more attractive than his attitude.

Chase walked around the garage and saw me. "Aww look at that, Lucifer and his demon all together again," I said with a smile.

Chase's eyes widened as his eyes drifted down my body. "See you at school, boys," I said with a smile.

I turned on my heel and began to walk to school.

A/N

Christie certainly is playing with fire and I wonder how her social experiment is going to go.

Should be interesting.

Favourite Character from any books or tv shows or movies.
Mine is Tony Stark/Iron Man. Always will be.
#NoEndGameSpoilers

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, tavana xoxoxox