■ THIRTY- TWO ■

"You know, there was a time where I never could have thought this was how my teen years was going to go," I said, as my eyes swept over the twinkling city.

James and I sat on the hood of his car, my head resting on his chest and him running his fingers through my hair softly.

"My only regret is not telling you how I felt sooner," James replied, shifting on the car.

Tilting my head up, I studied his face before lifting my hand to trace the outline of his jaw. "But we have each other now," I said gently, with a smile.

He nodded. "Yeah and I'm never going to let you go again," he said, his head turning to look at me.

Sitting up, I turned to look at him. "If you ever feel like you need to take a break or that you don't want m-" I didn't get to finish because James placed a hand over my mouth.

"I don't go into a relationship with scapegoats, I love you Christine, the moment I kissed you at that lame party, you made me feel something that I had never felt before and world be damned if I ever give that up," James said quickly, stroking my cheek with his thumb.

I softened.

"I love you too, James."

Leaning forward, I pressed my lips to James's cheek before doing it again, only an inch closer to James's mouth.

I repeated it until finally, I kissed James.

The music on James's car radio changed to a much softer song as he and I made out underneath the stars.

As the night wore on, James took me to a burger joint and I stared at the menu wondering what on earth I was going to have when the bell on the door signalled another customer.

Glancing over my shoulder, I saw Caitlyn walk in with two of her friends. I moved closer to James. "I think we should go," I said, drawing his attention from the board to me.

He frowned before noticing my eyes flicker over his shoulder.

James quickly glanced before turning back to face me. "Are you sure?" He asked, as he moved to get up.

If I left, it would mean that Caitlyn had won. That I was scared of her and I wasn't. There was nothing she could do to me that would make me scared of her. I grabbed James's arm.

"No, let's stay, if she causes trouble than that's her fault," I said, making James sit back down.

He gave a short nod before glancing over at Caitlyn's group as they sat down at a booth. "God what did I ever see in that?" He muttered to himself.

"I would like the answer to that question, some day" I said with a smile.

He glanced at me. "I'm happy to tell you that I would rather die than go back to that," he replied.

My smile widened and the server appeared in front of us. James gave him our order and than he took my hand. "I wish every night was like this, just you, me and a burger," he said jokingly.

I was about to reply but movement caught my eye and I saw Caitlyn walking towards us. "Code red," I whispered.

James sighed and glanced up as the witch herseld stood in front of us with her hands on her hips.

"Why can't you just leave us alone?" James asked, turning his whole body to glare at her.

"James, you sound so pathetic, and don't flatter yourself, I'm just here to chat to my dear friend Christie," Caitlyn said with a tight smile.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "What do you want Caitlyn, because I'm not your friend. Not even close," I said, folding my arms.

She glanced over at her friends with a smile on her face and it made James narrow his eyes. Reaching forward, Caitlyn grabbed my drink but before she could even tip it on me.

James grabbed her arm and pushed her back, causing the milkshake to spill all over her designer clothing. Shrieking, Caitlyn fell back before slipping and falling to the floor.

James crossed his arms. "Next time you try to humiliate my girlfriend, don't!" He snapped, stepping forward.

Caitlyn wiped away the strawberry milk from her face. "You're evil incarnate, Caitlyn, even Satan would be ashamed of you," he added.

I watched her as her eyes welled up and she began to cry. Her friends quickly helped pick her up and she pushed them away. "It was supposed to be me and you!" She sobbed out.

I swallowed heavily.

"I'm not sorry for how this turned out because you're a god awful person." James replied.

Cailtyn wiped at her eyes. "I guess it was so easy for her wasn't it! I lost you the moment at that stupid party!" She cried out.

"You lost me way before that, because you're mean and rude! You have no love in your heart and you have no soul!" James snapped back.

I turned to face the counter again. "Get out Caitlyn, and don't come back. In fact, never come near me, Christie or Chase ever again!"

After hearing her friends guide her out of the burger place, I turned to see James close his eyes and take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," he said, turning his head to look at me.

"You don't have to apologise to me James," I said as he slid back into his seat.

"This is all my fault, if I just had been a proper gentleman and ended things when it should've, it wouldn't be like this."

"James, hey, don't blame yourself okay? Because you did end things and it's not your fault that Caitlyn can't let go," I replied.

The guy that had served us, appeared with our food. Seeing the mess on the ground, he sighed. "I'm so sorry," James said to him.

"It's fine, at least it isn't puke," the server replied.

A/N

YEAH finally a chapter!!
Woo!!
Yay! Let's celebrate!

Boy, Caitlyn doesn't want to let go of her popularity! Like, at all!

But she kinda deserved it. What do you think?

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Love, T xoxoxoxoxox