■ T W E N T Y - T H R E E ■

"Be good, and I meant what I said about the parties Christie, if I find any evidence of a party, the police will be looking for your body," my father said, giving me a pointed look.

I rolled my eyes. "I love you too Dad, have fun!" I said as I waved to mum who was waiting in the car.

She waved back and Dad moved forward, pressing a kiss on my forehead. "This is your chance to show us that you're responsible," he said before stepping backwards.

"See you in four days," I replied.

He nodded and motioned that he was watching me before moving to the car and climbing in. With a beep of the horn, my parents pulled out of the driveway and were gone.

"Are they gone?" A male voice said from behind me.

I rolled my eyes. "You really gotta stop doing that," I replied as I turned around to see Chase leaning on the doorframe casually.

My heart flopped a little as our eyes met. Ever since that time at the waterfall, every time I saw Chase, a part of me boiled and squiggled in my stomach. Like a thousand moths trying to dance around a lamp.

"Na, I like surprising you, keeps you on your toes," he replied, his smirk widening.

I walked into the house, with Chase moving away from the front door as I shut it behind me. "So what's the plan?" He asked.

"I'm going to watch a movie, you're welcome to stay," I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Boring, lets go back to the waterfall and go swimming," Chase replied, leaning on the center isle.

"No way, I just managed to get all the sand out of my hair," I said chuckling.

"What about the river? Behind our house?" He asked.

I gave him a pointed look as I opened the fridge. Chase disappeared as the fridge blocked him from my view. "Going to the river would mean either climbing the fence which my ass says no to or going through your backyard and running the risk of seeing your hellhound of a brother, which by the way, my ass also says no to," I replied, grabbing a stick of butter.

I closed the fridge and jumped back when I saw Chase was right there. "Seriously!" I exclaimed.

He moved in front of me, I was backed up against the fridge. That butterfly feeling started again, my fingertips tingling and a part of me felt like throwing up. Of nerves of course. It was such a powerful emotion and I wasn't sure if that was good or bad.

"Anything I can say to convince you?" Chase asked, leaning forward.

My breath caught in my throat. I could count every eyelash of his, feel his breath beating softly against my skin. I could hear the creak of the fridge as Chase placed a hand next to me so he could lean closer.

My eyes fell to his lips, and I watched in fascination as they parted gently. Oh god. What was wrong with me?

"No," I stuttered.

Chase's mouth turned up in the corner and it was a lopsided grin. As if he knew what I was thinking. He leaned even closer, if that was even possible.

We were now a hair width away from each other and I had to mentally restrain myself from reaching out to caress his cheek. His eyes were looking into mine, as if he was daring me.

At the first brush, I thought maybe it was just some of my flyaway hair until he caught my lips again, deepening the kiss.

I gasped in my breath. He straightened up, pulling me up with him until I was on balls of my feet. His arm dropped from the fridge onto my shoulder, pulling me inpossibly closer before we both moved back into the fridge. I felt it shake, but I didn't care.

All I wanted was Chase's kiss.

Never realising how much I had relied on him the past few days, it definitely made me worry that I might be rushing into things but at this point in time. I had no control.

Chase's mouth against mine were hard, yet soft. I could feel it getting more and more into depth but both of us had to come up for air at some point. I hadn't realised that my fingers were clutching onto Chase's jacket and Chase's hands were cupping my head still.

I felt him break and I pulled away quickly to gather some air. It was cold against my lips, already missing the warmth that Chase had given me. I looked up through my lashes, unsure what Chase would think of me now.

We had both gotten a bit out of control.

His thumb caressed my cheek, and I felt so at peace. So calm in his arms. "You're beautiful you know that?" He whispered softly.

I felt the warmth spread across my cheeks and I knew i was blushing. How could I have not known earlier that Chase was like this?

"You're beautiful too," I replied, lifting ny hand and cupping his cheek.

He leaned into my touch, closing his eyes as I brushed my thumb across his bottom lip. I studied his face, watching how it relaxed amd how it woke up when he opened his eyes.

Leaning in again, he kissed the tip of my nose.

"What movie are we watching?" He asked, taking my hand.

Clearing the fuzzy thoughts in my head, I looked down to see I had dropped the butter. "Uh, why don't you go choose? I'll make the popcorn," I said with a smile.

"Okay," Chase replied before letting go of my hand and walked away into the lounge room.

I bent down and picked up to butter before moving to the stove and grabbing a saucepan. "How's Avengers?" Chase called out.

"Sounds good!" I exclaimed back.

Smiling to myself, I looked up and outside the kitchen window to see James. He was staring at me, a smashed mug in his hand. Freezing, I was unsure what he saw.

The Mareno house mirred ours, except backwards. Our kitchen windows faced each others as well as my bedroom to James's.

James looked down before glancing at the mug and dropped it into the sink. He disappeared from the kitchen.

Oh dear god. What do I do?

A/N

That was um. Quite a kiss and James saw everything.

I think he was a bit angry to smash a mug in his hand. Oops
I wonder if James and Christie will ever speak again.

And if they do.. what about?

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love from, T xoxoxoxoxoxoxo