■ S E V E N ■

■ SEVEN ■

Yesterday, Chase and I had set plans in action with a simple kiss.

Except it wasn't all that simple because now it was the topic on everyone's mind. James hadn't spoken to me since the gym incident and deep down inside, I felt kinda stupid.

There was no going back on this and Chase made that pretty clear when I walked out of the house this morning to see him waiting in my driveway.

We had to appear like we were dating and incredibly into each other which was a lot harder than I thought because Chase annoyed me quite a bit.

During my first class, P.E, I watched James play basketball. In my mind, I couldn't lie and say that this man wasn't incredibly attractive because he was and I couldn't lie.

But James got it. He got the whole school thing, did the best he could, did his activities and continued to shine like the extremely talented man he was.
I just wished I was half as talented as he was, able to balance everything in my life and still manage to look good.

I wasn't playing today because I felt like I was going to vomit at any second, but showing up gave me brownie points. So I sat on the sidelines, by the water machine.

When the session ended, I straightened my back when I saw James heading this way. I just wanted to say hello, cause I was now fake dating his brother, we should at least look like we were civil.

Instead, he ignored me.

Swallowing, I decided to speak. "Hey James, good game," I said with a smile.

He didn't look at me. "Thanks Christie, I loved it," I replied to myself sarcastically.

"I have no intentions on talking to you, so please do not speak to me," James said suddenly, as he was looking away.

A flash of anger filled me. "So what? I can't say hello to you now? Did my gym assemble honestly make you mad?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He didn't reply. "Well great, awesome to know you're still an asshole, almost believed Lucifer cared for once, and once again I was severely disappointed," I added, moving to stand up.

He grabbed my arm quickly and swung me around to face him. People in the class turned their heads to look at us. I squashed myself flat against the wall as James rested his clenched hand next to my right shoulder.

"You think I'm not speaking to you because of what you were wearing yesterday? You are honestly the most daft woman I had ever met," he snapped.

He was trying to get a rise out of me and it was working. "Maybe it wasn't the fact that I had seen my brother and someone I thought I could trust kiss in the hallway, when no one had told me that there was even a thing going on!" He added.

I grabbed his arm and tried to push him away so I could make my escape but it wouldn't budge. "No sarcastic comment? Come on babydoll, I thought you were better than that," he said as he leaned in.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I didn't realise it was your business to know everything that happens in my life!" I exclaimed.

James chuckled, darkly.

"It's everything to do with me when it's with my brother! Whatever sick game you're playing is going to fail and when it does I'm going to be there to say I told you so," he said angrily.

"Sick game? What game? You're the one acting like a complete freak, let me go!" I exclaimed, my eyes wide.

Why were none of the other students helping?

"There's a word people use for people like you who flirt with men and is actually secretly in a relationship," he said stubbornly before pulling back.

I think it was just starting to sink in with what he meant. Had my original plan been working?

I had to play cool. "You think I was flirting? I was being friendly, apparently men can't tell the difference these days," I snapped.

"Oh baby, you have no idea," James said, his voice dropping octaves.

"Stop calling me that, I'm not your baby," I said firmly.

"No? You sold yourself to the devil a long time ago Christie, and was is it you keep calling me?"
He said looking thoughtful.

I locked my jaw. "Oh that's right, the devil, therefore you belong to me," he finished, slamming his fist next to my shoulders to push away before storming off.

The lingering class smirked at me as I straightened my clothes. His words had shaken me.

I had to tell Chase. This was going to be a wrench in the plans but if I told Chase that his brother had just basically laid claim to me even though James thought Chase and I were dating, it would definitely cause conflict between them.

I didn't know what to do.

Instead, I chose to take whatever just happened, wrap it up nice and tight and store it into the back of my mind so I could forget about it. I continued on with my day, going to my classes and going through the motions.

At lunch, Chase reached across the table to grab my hand but I quickly pulled it away. "Okay, you've been acting seriously weird, what's going on with you?" Chase asked, looking around.

The Cafeteria was buzzing with noise but nothing was louder than the heels of Caitlyn's shoes as she walked towards my table. The walkways cleared as she shot those in her way a dirty look.

Stopping in front of me, she placed her hands on her hips. "Hello Caitlyn, how can I help you?" I asked, already half knowing what she was going to say.

"Stay away from James, if I ever hear that you kissed James again, I swear to god I will cut you,"  She said nastily.

Chase looked at me. "For starters, Caitlyn, whoever told you that James and I kissed deserves to be put in their place because we didn't, I'd rather choke to death, and secondly you need to tell James to stay away from me," I replied.

Caitlyn scoffed. "To stay away from you? You're the most disgusting, disease ridden girl I've ever met, James wouldn't land a fi-" she was saying before she got cut off.

"I suggest you get the hell out of our faces before someone ruins yours," Chase snapped.

Caitlyn's eyes widened. "Your brothe-" she said started to say.

"What? My brother what? Would kill me if he heard me talking to you like this? I can guarantee you Caitlyn, my brother would cheer me on from the sidelines, now walk away before I make you," he continued.

She scoffed again before trotting away. I sighed.

"You can't let her talk to you like that," he said, turning back to me.

Annoyed, I looked at him. "Oh yeah cause I pressed subscribe on her bullshit," I replied snarky.

He rolled his eyes.

A/N

Wahoo!
Another chapter.

I think James is getting a little jealous now. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxox