■ T W E N T Y - T W O ■

"Chase!" I called out before he turned to look at me.

I lifted my bag and he grinned. "You sly devil!" He called back.

I laughed before jogging towards him. He was waiting for me on the bridge, throwing rocks into the river. "Let's go," I said with a grin.

He nodded and glanced around before finally we walked off the bridge and took a dirt path hidden on the side of the concrete path.

"How's James?" I asked.

Chase shrugged his shoulder. "The same he was last week, and the week before that, he won't tell me what happened," he replied.

"I'm sorry to hear that Chase," I said as he guided me over the rocks.

With my hand in his, I followed him deeper into the dense trees. "It's up to him whether or not he wants to talk, I've sorta just left him to do his own thing," Chase replied.

My footing slipped on a mossy rock and I fell forward, Chase catching me just before I hit the ground. "Careful, don't want you falling for me now," he said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes as he helped me back up into standing. "Thanks," I said with a smile.

He nodded back before walking forward again and holding out his hand. I took it and he helped me leap over the huge rock. When I landed, I glanced at him.

"You know, if you're worried about him, you should do something that would reassure him that while you do disagree, you still care about him," I replied, as I walked around a tree.

Chase followed me, sliding the bag strap over his head.

"How can you even think of being nice to him, with what he did to you?" Chase asked, confused.

"People make mistakes, it's in the human DNA and while yes, I am hurt about it, I find no satisfaction in having James wallow in his own depression," I replied, ducking underneath a branch.

"You're amazing, you know that?"

I grinned as I neared him, poking his shoulder. "And don't forget it," I said as I laughed.

Reaching out, I grabbed tree trunk, a skinny one that stuck out of the ground like a lamp post. It was sturdy and I swung around it, taking in the forest during my three-sixty.

Hearing the rush of water as Chase and I grew nearer, made me excited. He'd promised me a waterfall and I really wanted to see it.

It had been a hard past two weeks, exams had practically killed the entire generation in the town and now people wanted to relax. I wanted to relax.

We cleared the green wet forest to see the river, rushing over white stone. "Wow!" I exclaimed, as I stared at the clear water.

"Cool, right?"

He moved away from me and placed my bag on the ground before opening it and pulling out a blanket. As he did so, I reached down to cover my hand in the water.

It was a beautiful temperature, and the white rocks made it seem so serene. But that wasn't all, the water that rushed over my hand, fell from a beautiful waterfall. It wasn't overly big, but big enough to stand under.

"Who knew that this was hidden here the entire time!" I exclaimed, looking back at Chase.

He chuckled. "I like to go exploring, there's a lot of beautiful places I could show you," he replied.

I blushed and turned away. "I'm so glad I did wear my swimwear," I said with a grin.

"Me too," Chase replied.

I looked back at him to see him slip his shirt over his head, his beautiful toned body bronzed with afternoon sun. Hairless, smooth and firm, the outline of his abs drawing my attention more than I would've liked to admit.

He kicked off his shoes. "Come on, gawker, jump in," he said as he ran towards the waterfall and jumped forward.

He effortlessly dived into the water, submerging.  Laughing, I stripped my shirt and shorts. My onepiece swimsuit fit me perfectly, black and the sides slashed. Cause you know. Fashion and all that.

I slid off my flats and followed Chase into the water. I dived and the moment the cold water hit my face, I was in heaven.

I could see plainly through the water and Chase was still swimming to the bottom of the pool of water. He must've given up, cause he looked up and kicked up.

Surfacing for air, I breathed deeeply. Chase joined me on the surface before splashing water at me. "See? What did I tell you? An amazing waterfall," he said as he turned to look at it.

"Well you certainly lived up to your promise," I replied as we tread water next to each other.

Moving forward, I dived under the water to swim towards the waterfall. I surfaced again where the water hit the pool and felt the heavy flow massaging the top of my head, and also pushing me under the water.

Chase grinned and followed, surfacing next to me. "Ooo thats nice," he said as he relaxed.

I had gotten so comfortable with Chase in the past five weeks. Going from next door neighbours to practically best friends who did everything together. "Thank you, for this," I said as I turned to look at him.

Our eyes met and he smiled. "Anything for you, giggles," he replied.

"Giggles?" I asked, before laughing.

"Or maybe you'd prefer Hershey's?" Chaase asked as he waded nearer.

"Hershey's? As in the chocolate for a nickname? Why on earth would you call me Hershey's?" I asked, watching as he drew nearer.

Chase chuckled.

"Because I'm about to steal a kiss," he replied before he moved forward and pressing his lips against mine.

Surprised, and unsure. I pulled away quickly before it could go too far.

"I'm sorry Christie, I was just so in the moment," he tried to explain.

Without thinking, I pressed my lips against his to shut him up.

A/N

YAYAYAYA
CHASE AND CHRISTIE KISS!
WOO!

Aww this was so cute. A playful side of them both. I hope you enjoyed!
Don't forget to vote and comment!

What did you think?

Lots of love, tavana xoxox