■ THIRTY- ONE ■

"James!" I squealed as he splashed water at my face.

He laughed to himself before throwing himself back as I scooped a huge amount of pool water to throw back at him. He dodged it and dived under the water. I squealed again as I felt his hand grip my hips, dragging me under the water.

My hair spiraled out of control in the water, and James's dark shape emerged closer. Taking my face in his hands, he swam closer and pressed his lips to mine. I couldn't hold my breath for very long and I kicked up to the surface, taking my boyfriend with me.

As soon as we surfaced, he placed my arms around his neck and I floated in the water, I was a lot shorter than him and he could definitely touch the bottom. He brushed back my soaking hair before trailing his finger across my bottom lip.

"God, I love you," he muttered to himself.

I let my hands play with the hairs at the nape of his neck, before pulling his mouth to mine again. We kissed hotly, my legs going around his waist, wrapping tightly.

His hand slowly trailed from the back of my neck to sliding the tip of his finger across my collarbone and down the middle of my chest. My chest tightened as I pulled away, looking into the those blue eyes I trusted so much.

"I love you too," I replied, honestly.

James and I had been through so much already and I wanted him. As if he could read it in my eyes, he pulled me back into his arms. Our mouths danced in passionate flames as he picked me, half of him appearing above the water.

Once again, my legs wrapped around his waist as he carried me out of the pool. "Tell me to stop and I will," he rasped against my lips as he broke apart for a moment.

As he climbed up the stairs, my feet touched the ground and he let go of me. Helping him up, I gripped his muscled shouders again. "I promise," I replied.

He crowded against me before placing a small nibble against the crook of my shoulder. "I am so fucking thankful my mother isn't home right now," he said, his voice huskey.

"Chase?" I asked as James pulled on my hand.

He guided me through his house, dodging the furniture and heading towards the stairs. "Also out," James replied.

We barely made it up the stairs before James took me in his arms and kissed me again. I moaned, eliciting a deeper groan of want from James.

James kicked open the door to his bedroom and I barely got to study it before he was pulling me in, slamming the door behind me and pressing me against it.

His lips attacked my neck, and sweet spot, having me in his arms and gasping. "Fricking hell, James" I managed to say as my eyes rolled back.

James's lips on my body felt heavenly, like finally getting the one thing you wanted for Christmas. His strong arms picked me up again, causing me to giggle.

Bending, he laid me down on his bed before pulling back and gazing at me. I rubbed my arm self consciously. "What?" I asked, nervously.

"You're so fucking beautiful," he replied before taking my hands and placing them above my head.

My back arched as he captured my lips into another kiss. Nerves, fire and all matters of things were clawing at my stomach, each more with a stroke of desire and a touch of fear.

As if he could sense my hesitancy, he looked me in the eyes. "Baby, we don't have to do anything, I would be more than happy to hold you in my arms and watch the god damn clouds go by, you are more than enough for me," he said lovingly.

Goddamn it.

I lifted my hands and touched the hem of my shirt before pulling it up and working it over my head. As soon as I was free, I felt the extreme heat I saw in James's eyes.

"Beautiful," he murmured.

I raised my eyebrow. "Your turn," I bossed.

I was still in my bikini but James had only been swimming in trunks and I was interested to see how far he'd push it before he got uncomfortable.

A smirk lifted the corner of his mouth and he did as commanded, loosening the drawstring. After that, he looked up and our eyes met.

James bit his lip.

"All good?" I asked, nervously.

He nodded his head before leaning over me and pressing a searing kiss to my mouth. It was clear he didn't want to initiate anything in case it backfired for him. And in a way, I got that.

I meant something to him. He didn't want to hurt me.

Lifting my hand, I pulled the string to my bikini top and felt it loosen before giving away. I did the same to the second pair of strings and James stared at me.

I locked my jaws in nerves. "Well?" I asked, worried.

His eyes lifted to mine, and they could've swallowed me whole. "Are you sure I'm the one you want?" He asked, swallowing.

I reached for him and touched his face. "There is no one I want more," I replied, truthfully.

Leaning down, he pressed his mouth to mine.

■■

"Hey! We're home!" I heard James's mother call out.

Looking up from my phone, I saw her walk into the living room with Chase close behind her. "Oh! Christie!" His mother exclaimed.

I waved with a smile. "Hey! Sorry, I'm just waiting for James," I said as I straightened up.

Speaking of the devil, he walked down the stairs dressed in black skinny jeans and red plaid. "Hey mum, sorry I was going to take Christie somewhere," he said as he reached the bottom step.

His mum looked surprised. "So you two are an item?" She asked.

I glanced at James and smiled, he having done the same. "Yeah," I said, gently.

"Oh I'm so happy!" His mother cheered before pressing a kiss to her son's sharp cheek.

James rolled his eyes but hugged her back. Chase shifted uncomfortably behind her. "We gotta go if we wanna catch the movie," James said as he managed to wrestle his way out of his mother's grip.

"Okay, well have fun you too!" She exclaimed, grinning.

James patted Chase on the back as I got up off the couch. "Yeah, see you guys later," I said with a smile before brushing past the mother and son.

James opened the front door and we both disappeared through it.

A/N

Y'all, I was just joking about this being the final chapter.

Still got the finale to hit the beautiful sweet spot in all our wattpad weak hearts!

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love from, T xoxoxox

All chapters are like so unedited