■ F O U R T E E N ■

"You seemed very set on the idea of taking down, Queen Bitch," James's voice said as I walked out my front door.

I sighed.

"James, I've already made up my mind, so leave it" I said as I carried our bag of waste to the bin.

"Leave it? No, you said to forget everything, that include-" he was saying before I cut him off.

"Yes, that includes nights spent in your car, just forget it" I snapped, closing the bin lid with a snap.

"No," he said firmly.

Turning to face him, I narrowed my eyes. "You're being stubborn," I said, crossing my arms.

"Pft, I'm being stubborn?" James asked in disbelief.

"Talk to me Christie, what changed?" He added walking closer.

I was trying to ignore those two girls that talked to me about James and his supposed cheating. But I had to face it head on, and I had to confront him to know the truth.

"Did you cheat on Caitlyn?" I asked, bluntly.

James froze, his eyes widening.

"What?"

"I know you heard me James," I replied, studying his reaction.

It didn't look good from here.

"Who the hell told you that? And why are you even asking, you know I wouldn't!" James exclaimed.

I scoffed.

"James, in case you're not aware, you didn't speak to me until this summer was over, you claim to have liked me ever since that stupid party but yet during that time, you treated me like crap, and you didn't stop your ex or your friends from doing it either, and suddenly I know you? Because what? We kissed in your car and had a few moments? No, James, that's not how this works," I snapped, crossing my arms.

He balled his hands into fists. "Sorry, but I'm not easy, if you want easy, go back to your ex," I added before turning around and walking back to my front door.

"Yeah?! Well you're a bitch!" James snapped.

I stopped walking, my foot resting on the bottom step. Closing my eyes, I turned to face him before looking at him.

"Get off my lawn, James" I said, angry.

"No," he replied, stubborn.

I walked towards him again. "This has to stop, seriously James, I'm done, go away!" I exclaimed.

"I can't," he growled.

James looked like he was struggling to say something, like it was killing him inside. "Why?" I asked, folding my arms.

I didn't know the answer to that question would erupt more feelings in me than I ever thought I could possess. I didn't know what it felt like to want to murder someone but at his reply, I finally knew.

At first, I broke.

It took me a few seconds to realise what had happened, what his answer meant. He'd lied to me, played me like a fool and I had fallen for it.

The student had become the teacher.

My mouth opened wide, as I tried to figure out something to say. I wanted to tell him that I hated him, that I never wanted to see him again. Not only had he played me, he'd played his brother.

I was never going to forgive him.

Not after using my own plan against me for Caitlyn.

He'd told me he had felt things for me in his car and I was right to want to forget them. I absolutely loathed James Mareno.

"You asshole, you bastard!" was all I could manage.

He raised his hands in defense, as if he thought I would strike him. But that was not who I am. Instead, I sucked in all my tears and feelings and I pushed them down deep, locking them in a box and throwing it into the ocean of my consciousness, hoping it would sink to the bottom.

"Christi-" James started to say before I stepped back.

"Stay away from me, never talk to me again" I threatened, my tone low and serious.

James faltered.

I knew I was being a hypocrite because this is exactly what would've happened to Caitlyn but she deserved to feel some kind of pain for all the shit she caused the students at school.

Did I deserve this?

Oh god, did I deserve this?

I stepped away from James, just as he was reaching his hand out and I ran away from him. Up the stairs, through my front door and slamming it behind me.

I slammed my back against it, slowly sliding down until I was crouched onto the floor. "Christie, I'm sorry, I was going to tell you, I didn't know things would get this way, I didn't know we were going to-" he cut off before sighing.

I heard a thump and I knew he had banged his forehead against the door. "I'm sorry, okay?" He asked, before I heard a creak.

I looked up and my mother stood on the bottom stair, looking at me with wide eyes. My father walked down the stairs behind her, worry etched onto his face.

They saw me, with tears streaming down my face, my body curled into a ball by the front door. "I'm sorry," I heard James say through the door again before the footsteps outside walked away.

I bit my lip, hoping they couldn't see my trembling chin or the water that begged to escape my eye's clutches. "Christine?" My mother asked, stepping down off the stairs.

Slowly, I stood up and wrapped my arms around myself. "Sorry for the noise," I said, my voice breaking.

My mother shook her head and looked at her husband. "For the noise?" She asked, confused.

I swallowed, my throat tight and raw. "It's the boy next door isn't it?" My father asked.

Instead of replying, I just nodded my head glumly. "What happened?" Dad asked, tilting his head.

I took a deep breath. "Turns out my experiment failed and whatever I thought was real, wasn't" I replied, moving towards them.

Wanting to move past them so I could go to my room and cry in peace, I didn't get the chance before my mother pulled me into a hug. It surprised me as I knew my mother wasn't big on touching.

"Boys suck" she whispered in my ear.

A/N

Some peaceful moment with her mum, but it seems James was working for Caitlyn.

Seems our James couldn't handle the pressure and maybe he didn't realise how much he would fall for Christie.

Can he be forgiven?

Stay tuned and don't forget to vote and comment!!

Lots of love from, T xoxoxox