prologue

A Bullet is the Key...

By Haley Smetany

I own all rights to these characters and all rights are reserved. No one is able to copyright or steal any of my writings.

Prologue

Silence, it can speak a thousand words it can last longer than the echo of what falls from your lips. One moment can change your whole life. One evil plot can turn your whole world on its side. Can you trust the surrounding ones? Can you trust those you count on as friends with your life?

"This is 911 state your emergency,"

"Help we need medical attention to the University of Frankton, it's urgent. Oh my there is so much blood. Please hurry!!"

"Ma'am, tell me what's wrong. Why is there blood?"

"Bullets so many bullets, he shot someone then himself. Please just send help; we don't know how much longer he can survive the bullet hit his head,"

"What is your name ma'am? I need to know so I can send help your way,"

"Sydney, Sydney Westleer, oh gosh please hurry we need help,"

"Dispatch is on their way,"

We have three injured inside and two pronounced dead both from gunshots to the head. Sirens rang out loud, cars moved out the way as they moved toward the University, the air felt dead and colder than the normal November temperature. They stepped into the school screams rang out. Blood covered the senior hallway bullet holes lined the walls. Students huddled together tears running down their faces, teachers trying to sooth each other.

"We need help, he is still alive!" a voice rang. It was the girl from the 911 call. Her clothes covered in blood. One officer moved away from the small group that covered the dead body of Richard Carson, EMT's checked the injured students. The officer stepped towards the small group of kids at the end, a bloody blue school sweatshirt covered the wound on the young mans head. That was when the officer looked up and back towards the doors noticing the school pep rally colors and signs lining the walls. When he heard a strangled cry he turned back to the students at his side. Two guys and a girl sat huddled together putting pressure on the young mans wound as he lay in his own blood.

"We need help over here!" the officer yelled as he checked the pulse of the young man and saw the slow movements of the young kids chest rise and fall. Jumping up he ran down the hallway since the EMT's were taking to long, this young man needed immediate attention. He grabbed the closest medical person he saw.

He said, "The young man down there has the head wound, but he is alive!"

The EMT had wide eyes as he ran to the end of the hallway.

"We need immediate attention down here, we can still save him!" The EMT yelled.

The kids moved back as a stretcher came. Gasps echoed the hallway as they finally saw the young man who lay half alive on the stretcher.

Ryder Jameston

Frankton's own bad boy, questions swam in everyone's mind. Why was he shot? Why did Richard do it? And most of all where was Emmabell McCain the schools president and the owner of the locker Ryder stood in front of?