A Bullet is the Key

My mind began to wonder about what happened that day all those years ago and the day of the shooting. Why would the guys try to trip Ryder? Why did Richard shoot the school up that day? Then it hit me, something wasn't right because I was never able to go into that hallway to get my books out of my locker. It seemed like only minutes, but I knew I was in the tub longer than that, the bubbles had vanished and the water became cold. My skin looked like raisins due to how log I had been sitting in the tub. Letting the water drain, I stepped from the tub and wrapped myself in a fluffy bright baby blue towel, once I knew it wasn't going to fall off. Glancing in the medicine cabinet I noticed my hair hadn't gotten wet, which was good because I didn't feel like blow-drying it. Opening it up I reached inside and pulled out a few Advil; I gulped them down with a cup of water before I made my way from the bathroom. My footsteps echoed on the tile as I exited the bathroom, soon they vanished and were silent due to the carpet. Looking to my right the clock read 7:30; wow I was in the tub that long. With a shake of my head I moved toward the closet that was opposite the bathroom door. Stepping in I pulled on a pair of blue underwear, and then tossed on one of the older t-shirts I had in my closet, this one though was my favorite I had taken it from Ryder years ago. The soft brown material covered me in warmth and the feeling of security. Closing the door behind me I moved toward my bed, glancing up I saw the moon gleam through the small open space in the curtains. I really was in the bath a long time I thought to myself. A smile came to my face as I felt peace wash over me and the need to sleep consumed me. Cuddling under the covers I was soon swallowed into a cocoon of warmth, the feeling slowly bringing my exhausted body to rest. As I dozed off I missed the movement of a shadow that slowly crept across my back yard right across from my bedroom window. The small figure was covered all in black, good thing the doors and windows were all locked was my last thought, because the next moment my mind went blank and I forgot about the figure outside my house.

Dreams have meanings I was told, that everything we dream about has some significant meaning to it. Simply stating that each image you see has a meaning. That night mine wasn't just a dream, it felt as if I was being sucked into a moment in time that was going to happen.

Silence, breathing, whispering winds, a slight chuckle no humor in it, the darkness was my only ally. 
"Hello Emmabell" a voice hissed one I have heard before. 
"Please let me go!" I screamed at the darkness, my hands were tied behind me as I sat straight in the chair that held me captive. Tears streamed down my face, 
"Why" I whispered. 
"You deserve it you bitch, you deserve to have nothing," the voice growled out. My wrists were sore and red; I could feel the rope press into my skin. The person was gone expect I lingered in the darkness and it was to much. Slowly a roar of laughter broke through the darkness, the person I thought had left me alone. 
"No one cares about you; no one is coming to save you this time. I am tired of you playing hero, you ruined everything when you helped Ryder." They snarled. 
"I won't let you touch him!" I snarled like an animal. No one would harm Ryder. 
"Oh you have no control anymore little one, I am in charge."
"You can harm me but do not go after him or my family, plus isn't it enough you have me!" I yelled, tears still falling. 
"Yes and now that I have you, any last words?" Then there was that unmistakable click of a gun being cocked causing my breath to freeze. 
"Please no!" I screamed. 
"Shut up! You have everything and I will end it now." The voice screamed louder than before. Darkness it still clogged my mind and view. 
"Please don't do this, this isn't like you."
"Hmm such wonderful last words" They sneered and hissed like a snake. 
"Please..." "Goodbye Emmabell" then light appeared and the last thing I saw was a face I knew and the barrel of a gun, before a BANG! Rang out and the darkness swallowed me whole.

With a start I jumped awake, sweat covering my body in a wet chill, the pain in my head swelled with each breath I took as gasps left my chapped lips. Shaking my head I began to mumble "not real, not real, it isn't real it can't be, they wouldn't do that to me. Oh god, please no" over and over before my breathing had become normal and I sunk back down into bed and I fell into a restless sleep. This time my dreams were void and empty. I was simply floating within my own thoughts, my mind a simple clean slate.