Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Words are words unless you give them a meaning. Actions speak louder than words, is this true?

"Oh Ryder...Oh Ryder that feels so good, give it to me harder. I want it all." The silence soon followed, then more. "What the hell Chrissie!" His voice screamed. "Why are you not wearing anything?" Chrissie said nothing at his words. "I came here to see you Ryder, you are mine," her voice said. "What the fuck I am not yours!" He hissed between clenched teeth. "You are mine," she screamed. Silence it lingers longer. "How the fuck did you get into my house?" He seethed. "I followed you after you left campus, and you forgot to lock the door behind you in your fury". "Get the hell out of my house!" He screamed. The movement of clothes could be heard as Chrissie proceeded to get dressed from the sounds that played out. Ryder sighed in content as seeing he was still dressed minus his shirt. "I called Emma" her voice stated simply. Silence lingered again.

"What do you mean you called Emma?" His voice was dangerously low.

"I called Emma when I got here from your phone; you see I knew she wouldn’t answer the phone because she would be afraid to get yelled at by you since you stormed off."

"What the hell!" He screamed.

"I told you, you are mine." She stated simply.

"She won’t believe you"

"Oh I think she will Ryder, I am her best friend and I wasn’t the one to abandon her all those years ago." She said.

"Get the fuck out of my house!" He screamed then silence.

Silence had become my friend, someone who always helped me through right or wrong.

Tires squealed on the pavement as I stopped. Looking to my left I saw Chrissie's red Porsche still parked along the street. Without bothering to knock I barged into his house. Voices floated down the stairs and reached my ears. As I went to shut the door, it stopped. Turning to look for the cause I came face to face with Jace, a look of concern on his face. He shut the door quietly behind him and just as it locked a noise sounded from the back of the house. Then a SMASH! The voices upstairs stopped after a loud screamed sounded. In an instant Jace pulled me with him around the corner and pushed me against the wall shielding me with his body.

"Quiet" he whispered.

Squeak, squeak, and squeak

Someone's shoes echoed across the wood floor as they gained entrance into the house.

"Jace" I whimpered.

"Don’t say a word Emmie, please," his voice sounded pleading. As I starred at his chest a thought crossed my mind, why was he here? As if he could read my mind he spoke.

“I saw you rush off in a hurry and wanted to make sure you were okay so I followed you,” was his sound whisper against my head.

Squeak, squeak, and squeak as someone began to climb the stairs though that wasn’t the only intruder.

Soon a second noise came closer to the heart of the house, my fear escalated to new heights in that moment.

Squeak, thump, squeak, thump.

Jace pulled me quietly from the wall and proceeded to move towards the front door. As we rounded the corner a loud SMACK Sounded in the air before a loud groan followed shortly after. I turned suddenly to see Jace on the ground a figure covered in all black standing over him with a bat in their hands.