Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Wednesday March 2

I could feel the pounding in my head and I did not want to move an inch. The stress from yesterday had finally hit me and it hit me hard. I snuggled into the warmth that was around me, holding me close in a cocoon of bliss. Soon the warmth vibrated under me. How extraordinary I thought, I never knew my pillow vibrated. Laying still I felt the vibrations stop but the pain in my head didn't go away.

Ping... ping... ping...

My phone went off three times somewhere in the room, reaching my hand out to touch the night stand next to my bed my hand was met with nothing but air? Slipping from the pillow I rolled to the other side and opened my eyes in wonder why my phone wasn't sitting in its normal spot. The moment my eyes adjusted to the light that shined through the open blinds I realized something very important. My room faced west so the sun never- I mean never shined into my room this early in the morning. Jumping up I took in the room around me still completely unsure of what was going on. My eyes rapidly moved around the room taking in the colors and the scattered objects on the floor. Before I could say a word my head began to pound and I flopped back down onto the bed my head this time hitting something soft unlike my last pillow. I mean who has hard pillows? Pillows are supposed to be soft and squishy, not hard smooth and muscular... wait muscular? I gulped. It all happened in slow motion like you see in movies. My head turned slowly against the pillow turning to see what lay beside me or who lay beside me, the moment I was fully facing the other way I was met with electric blazing blue eyes.

"Agh!" I screamed in shock and jumped from his bed, the moment my feet touched the floor I felt the cold sting my bare legs. Wait bare legs!? Looking down I had no pants on then looking back up I was met with those blue eyes once again and they looked crushed. His eyes held raw pain as if I had just slapped him well I did punch him yesterday... My thoughts trailed off as I remembered the events of yesterday. Oh how could I have forgotten? Now I understood the crushed look on Ry's face, he thought I regretted it and thought it was a mistake. But it wasn't.

"Morning" he mumbled dryly his voice void of any emotion, oh damn I thought say something stupid my inner voice yelled at me. I just stood there on the other side of the bed starring at Ryder with wide eyes, I still stood there as he laid back down in his bed turning his back to me.

"Oh shit" I mumbled because he was mad. I didn't intend for him to hear me so I was shocked when he replied.

"Oh shit is all you have to say? Guess you just needed comfort and I provided you with that. You could have just told me you didn't feel the same way, I get it you think it was a mistake." His voice broke and I knew he was close to tears. I watched him inhale deeply his body was to tense for my liking, he heard me and read me all wrong. With slow steps I crawled back onto the bed. He froze as the bed moved under my weight. His back was still towards me as I sat on my knees behind him. I knew he was being stubborn and wouldn't turn to face me so I had to make that move to fix this because I wanted to fix this and I needed to. Ryder was the love of my life and if I had to show him and tell him that then so be it I would. I moved closer so my knees touched his bare back, a shiver ran through his body at my touch. I leaned over him slightly my hair falling in between us as I hung half over him like when we were younger. When we were younger and had sleep over's at each other's houses sometimes one of us would get upset and the other had to cheer them up. So when we laid and bed at night to sleep when we were very little five and six years old this started. It was normally me cheering him up because he got into a fight at school or something at home upset him. He would lie on his side and not talk to me for a long time so I took the first step to make him smile. I would scoot towards him till I touched his back then lean over him so I was hanging half way over him; my hair was normally in a braid so it didn't fall between us. His eyes would be closed as he tried to ignore me leaning over him. As I was leaning over him I would begin to make faces at him even though he wasn't able to see me I knew he knew I was there. Slowly his lips would twitch and a smile would soon take over his face and he would tell me what was bugging him.