A bullet is the Key

My heart beat faster in fear of what else I would find in this room, so I quickly left the room and raced out of the hallway. I didn’t watch where I was going and collided with a hard solid wall. When did they put I wall in front of the door? I thought before I felt familiar arms wrap around my waist to keep me upright from falling to the ground, pulling me into the warm wall, which now I realize as a body. His arms tightened around me as he pressed my face harder into his chest. As I had been running away from that room I hadn’t realized that the doors had been opened as if someone was coming inside when I collided with them in the entrance way.

“Bell” he whispered my name against my hair.

“Ryder I… was so scared… don’t go please…” I sobbed against his chest my hands gripping the fabric of his shirt tighter, my knuckles turning white.

“Emma!” I heard Chrissie scream; though this time around her voice wasn’t hard but filled with fear.

I pulled my face away from Ryder’s chest to see a very pissed off Bobby charging at Ryder, my eyes went wide.

“Ryder!” I screamed and pushed him away from me just as Bobby swung his fist and barely brushed Ryder’s cheek with his fist. The momentum of Bobby’s fist flying at Ryder’s face though caused me to be inches away from the impact myself.

“Bobby!” I screamed. He didn’t hear me as he lunged once again at Ryder, but this time by the look in Ryder’s eyes he wouldn’t back down.

I felt arms pull me out of the way so I wouldn’t be hit as I had just barely missed Bobby’s first attempt to hit Ryder; turning my head I was surprised to see Chrissie was the one next to me. Looking back at the two boys before me I watched as Bobby threw a punch and Ryder dodged it before sending his flying into a wide eyed Bobby, the sound of fist hitting skin echoed.

“Chrissie what the hell?” I asked her not taking my eyes away from the two boys before me.

“Emma do not look more into that day please, it’ll bring you only pain and suffering. Please” I heard her whisper next to me. I didn’t pay attention to what she had just said because in that moment Bobby lunged and took Ryder down into the snow. A punch was thrown but Ryder blocked it before crashing his fist into Bobby’s nose, he looked smug as he heard the satisfying sound of the bone cracking. Bobby groaned and rolled off of Ryder as he held his gushing nose, he took his hands form his nose to spit out the blood onto the snow. Blood poured from his and you could already start to see the discoloration of the area around nose where it was changing to black and blue. His eyes were full of hate.

“Don’t you dare touch me you scum bug” Ryder snarled in a deadly voice as he got up off the ground.

“You deserve that you son of a bitch, she is mine!” Bobby screamed as blood flowed from his nose, the sight was horrifying.

“Emma I am sorry for whatever will come to happen, I’ll try to stop it and I regret it.” I heard Chrissie mumble beside me, I took my eyes away from the boys fighting and looked at her as she held regret in her eyes.

“What?” I whispered.

“I can’t tell you, just please be careful who you trust some people aren’t who they seem to be, its an act to get your attention and trust,” was her last words as she walked off with her head down. I heard a groan as Bobby made his way back to his feet, his chest rising and falling rapidly. I looked at Ryder to see he only had a growing bruise on his cheek and a busted lip. My heart filled with pride at the man before me, I knew he could kick anyone’s ass. Bobby was finally up on shaky feet he stumbled towards me, just as he went to reach for my arm I was pulled away and into the familiar chest of Ryder.