A bullet is the key

The house was quiet, to quiet to be exact. I thought Ryder would appear from upstairs and make his way toward me so we could finish our breakfast, but no sounds could be heard.

“Ryder” I yelled to the empty house.

Instead of walking up stairs to my room I headed towards the kitchen to finish my breakfast, once there I noticed there was only one bowl and the other cereal box was put up. The Stairs could be barely seen from the front door, had he managed to sneak down here without Chrissie seeing him.

That was when I saw the piece of paper under my already poured bowl of cereal, all I needed was to add the milk and we would be good. I knew the silence meant he was gone, but a part of me wished he didn’t leave like that. Tears swam in my eyes as I read the note it said:

Our worlds are two different places; we could never be anything more. You belong with someone who could be so much more and do so much for you. This is the last time I will intrude in your life my sweet Bell, like everyone says I’m no good for you all I am is bad news and nothing more. I am glad you have someone like Bobby, I didn’t fight back because I would be hurting you not him, because I know you love him Emmie even if you don’t say so yourself. Goodbye Beautiful.

-R

What the hell was this boy thinking? He didn’t fight back because he thought I loved Bobby, but didn’t he see the way I reacted to him and what I said to him? Obviously Ry didn’t after the fight, is that why Bobby looked so smug?

I shook my head as I read over his words, words that made no sense at all because the only boy I loved is the boy who has been hurt by lies and thinks I love someone else. I don’t think silence has ever been this quiet though. I am not in love with Bobby and I would never date him. Want to know a secret? One I have been keeping for so many years, there is a reason why Ryder has not gotten into more trouble and expelled. That reason happens to be me.

Setting the note down I grabbed the bowl of cereal to sad to even go to the fridge and grab the container of milk, so I sat silently at the bar eating my dry cereal thinking.

Those rumors started from somewhere, the rumors where stupid really. These rumors though had to have generated from someone who really despised Ry and didn’t want him around. My first thought went to Chrissie because it would make sense if it was Chrissie but that little voice in the back of my head said it was not her. Then who?

 They all were made to make him seem like he was the worst person possible, the main one’s were-

1.     His father abused him and so he abuses people and starts fights for his own enjoyment, he loves hearing the sound of flesh hitting flesh and the sight of blood. Lie, his father left him when he was ten years old due to a brain tumor he received when he got hit in the head to hard while serving his country in the marines overseas.

2.     His mother is a whore and sells her body for money; he is sold to his mom’s friends as a play item. Lie, his mom is rarely home because she is a high-end lawyer and travels to other places to solve cases that are unsolved.

3.     He sells blunts at school. Lie, he wouldn’t smoke that not after he saw his grandfather die of lung cancer and when he found out his cousin had died in a car crash because he was to high to realize what was going on.

4.     He is an alcoholic. Lie, he only has a few drinks at parties and then stays at that persons house till he is sober, he rarely goes to parties because he rather be home with his mom on the few occasions she isn’t at work.

5.     Cheats on his exams. Lie, okay well he doesn’t cheat but he does procrastinate till the last moment to study so he has the book out right before the exam is given out.