A Bullet is the Key

“Yeah Emma Bobby, he is the perfect one for you. I have to tell you something Emma and I don’t want you to get upset okay.”

“What?”

“I want to be with Ryder and I am trying to get with him not Jamie.” She spoke way to simply and calmly for my liking and caused anger to flow through my veins.

“What?” I swear I think what has become my most used word that I have in my vocabulary these past few weeks.

“I mean me and Ryder are more alike than you two plus we both come from lower classes, don’t have that much money and parents who are rarely there.” Her blunt reply caught me off guard but her next statement shocked me, “We all cant be perfect and rich Emma like you and think the world only revolves around you.” I gapped at her.

“Chrissie” I gasped out her name and sat up on the lounge chair and turned to face her, her face showed no remorse. Who was she? One second she is nice and shows regret for her actions and the next she is a complete and utter ass to me. Did she really think that about me?

“Oh come on Emma your perfect and get everything you want in life” she said with a wave of her hand before sliding her glasses down her nose to look at me before sliding them back up.

“You think I a perfect?” My throat became clogged with unshed tears as I gazed at her with some much hurt on my face.

“You get everything Emma and you will not have Ryder.”

“You hate Ryder” I tried to keep my voice from breaking as I gazed at her longer taking in her subtle changes. Her long nails were freshly painted and filed to a point as her skin looked tanner meaning she just got it down recently.

“I don’t hate Ryder Emma it is actually quiet the opposite to be exact, you must already see that I am trying to steer you clear of him. It is because I am in Love with Ryder.” She sat up on the lounge chair and looked at me- well I think it was at me her eyes were covered.

“You love Ryder?” I questioned.

“Of course I love Ryder, I have been in love with Ryder for five or so years Emma.” Wait that means she met Ryder before that day I introduced them four years ago. Before I could say more I watched her body go stiff and her gaze linger on something behind me and I slowly turned. A figure stood behind the pools gate. Clad in all black from their shoes to the ski mask that covered their face only leaving their eyes exposed to the outside world. My heart stopped. The figure stood there just starring at us their hands casually hidden in the pockets of their jacket. Their eyes glaring at us with so much hate and distaste- though the force of the hate was directed at me. Standing slowly I grabbed my dress and threw it on, their eyes scrutinizing my every move, slowly Chrissie stood and did the same behind me. My small pool bag sat on the other side of the chair, which held my keys, wallet, shoes and phone. The figure took slow steps towards the other entrance into the pool area; fear caused the hair on my neck to stand on end. Behind me I felt Chrissie shake and tremble with fear as she moved closer to me and give me a slight shove forward. My body flew forward and I landed on my stomach on the lounge chair, the figure just now unlocking the gate and stepping inside. Grabbing my bag from the ground and Chrissie’s hand I took off towards the other exit dragging along a wailing Chrissie. It confused me to know why she was wailing behind me as I dragged her, the figures footsteps chasing after us. Letting go of her hand I dashed around the side of the house with her following me at least.

“Run Emma!” She screamed at me and that’s when I noticed the red mark on her arm that looked like something had been thrown at her as she ran. My eyes wide I began to breath hard. The red mark had been made from a large pellet that had been flung at her from a slingshot.