A Bullet is the Key

My eyes closed as I took deep breaths trying to calm my racing heart, I could barely hear the faint sound of the TV from upstairs. Opening my eyes I ascended the steps back Ryder’s room I froze in the doorway. A smile crept onto my face as I took in the scene before me not wanting my make my silent entrance yet I leaned my shoulder against the frame of the door. I wasn’t down stairs that long but I guess I was down there long enough for Ryder to fall back to sleep. Gazing before me I took in the calm aura that settled in the room, gone was the anger and pain now only the silent peace. His hair hung on his forehead the faint line of his scar shinned through and was barely noticeable now. Taking small steps I made my way to the bed and watch in amusement as he lay on his right side with his left arm reaching out looking for something in his sleep. Looking down I saw Ryder’s shirt and picked it up putting it on the bed as I took off my tank top and slipped his shirt on over my head discarding the basketball shorts before I slipped under the sheets. The moment I was in reaching distance Ryder’s arm latched out and grabbed me around my waist pulling me flush against his still bare chest a giggle left my lips as I enjoyed the warmth his body radiated. A football game highlight was playing on TV but I paid it no attention as I lay in his arms. The muscles of his arm tightened then relaxed against my stomach, his face was soon nuzzled into my brown waves. Closing my eyes I took in the peacefulness around me, I was in heaven in this moment and my world felt complete.

It was silent, wait silent!? Wide eyes I rolled over in his arms to see his shining blue eyes looking at me with sleep still apparent in their depths.  I gasped. The blue was like no other color I could remember his eyes ever being. This blue was a mixture between the darkest blue you would find in the ocean so deep and the softest blue of a blue canary. A blue so blue that it had no name to be told, the color a sweet masterpiece of different strokes as if they were painted on a canvas. Reaching out slowly afraid to ruin the masterpiece designed in his eyes I placed my hand on his cheek; softly he moved onto his elbow and leaned over me.

As his lips descended on mine, my eyes closed as well as his but then the moment was broken and his eyes ragged a searing deep blue.

The interruption was my phone with someone I did not wish to speak to I watched as Ryder grabbed my phone and let out a low growl. I knew who it was before he even hit the answer button and placed the phone to his ear.

“What do you want?”, “She is busy right now”, “no you cannot talk to her”, “No she will not go on a date with you Bobby!” “Yes I am sure she is unable to talk to you right now she’s about to be preoccupied with something soon and does not need you bothering her. Bye” he hung up the phone and looked at me with his eyes still darker than their normal ice blue. I couldn’t hear what Bobby was saying but I knew that in those short moments he had riled Ryder up.

“Ry?” I asked, his body was still leaning over me his muscles were tense and strained. His jaw was clenching and unclenching. I reached up slowly afraid to scare him as if he was a timid lion cub who would run at the slightest movement. The moment my fingers touched him he jumped as if shocked.

“Bell… are you leaving me?” he mumbled. He gazed at me a scared look in his eyes.

“No of course not handsome.” I told him truthfully.

“Bell I have to tell you something… I-“

The moment was shattered though when a dark black clothed figure loomed over us with a gun in their hands a scream tore from my throat as Ryder turned to look wide eyed at the attacker. His body fully covered mine now. I tried to move from under him but he wouldn’t budge, my mouth opened and closed but no words escaped from my lips. Do not know why I could not talk right now. I was frozen in fear.