A Bullet is the Key

Ryder’s point of view

Jace and I pulled up into the carnival parking lot five past one we had been running a little late due to a traffic jam on the main side street out of town. Someone had been speeding and ran a red light sending a car across the median and into the other lane and thankfully there were no cars coming the opposite way when it happened. I dialed Bell’s number it just rang before going to voicemail, hmm must be busy I thought as I climbed from the car and fallowed Jace towards the kissing booth where we said we would meet at. 

Me to Mio Bella: Hey Beautiful just got here tried to call you but no answer see you soon.

Putting the phone away in my pocket we made our way towards the entrance to the carnival, I was glad I got my sight back for this because Bell did an amazing job creating and organizing everything. The moment we stepped into the entrance the sound of screeching tires came from behind us a black Sedan came speeding into the parking lot before disappearing around the backside to park most likely. What the heck? I thought seeing as that person could of hurt someone or even killed him or her if they had been walking through there. 

“What an asshole” Jace said before turning around and walking away I took a moment longer as I scanned the lot waiting to see who it was but a loud “Ryder!” dragged me back to earth. Facing the front I saw a frantic Chrissie being held in Jace’s arms and her body shaking with sobs. My senses were on high alert to make sure there was no threat around because I needed to keep Bell safe. Walking closer I heard her sobs, as they got louder so far they hadn't caught anyone’s attention, which I was happy for. 

“Come on let’s get out the way.” I told them both before grabbing their arms and pulling them away from the crowded area and into a more secluded spot, her eyes were red and puffy she seemed to have been crying for a while.

“I warned her Ryder but I wasn’t there to make sure they didn’t take her!” She wailed and clung to Jace tighter with a ‘what the hell’ look on his face as he tried to comfort the sobbing girl in his arms. 

“What is going on?” A voice said from behind me turning slowly I caught sight of Bobby making his way towards us a look of regret on his face.

“What do you want?” I snarled once he was close enough to hear me, all he did was glance my way before turning to face Chrissie fully.

“They took her Bobby” came Chrissie’s wail as more tears streamed down her face causing her to hiccup, Bobby’s eyes widened with fright before they took on a gloomy appearance.

“I thought you warned her Chrissie to be careful!” Bobby snapped at the sobbing girl at the sound of his voice more tears began to fall and she began to shake in Jace’s arms. Shaking my head I took in the both of them, as something did not seem right at all.

“Who took who?” I wondered out loud, Bobby turned to look at me with a sad look on his face as he spoke the person who had been taken.

“They took Emma, Ryder” His voice was low but I heard it clear as day and the name he spoke sent fear down my spine.