Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Rolling over I hugged my pillow closer to my face, all of a sudden it moved and a deep chuckle was heard. When did my pillow move and make noises? I thought. Pressing my nose further into my so-called pillow I realized how warm it was, slowly I took my hand that I had wrapped around the 'pillow' and moved it up forwards. The 'pillow' felt warm and muscular under my fingers... wait what! When did my pillow have muscles on it, with a jump I pulled away from the comfy warm muscular 'pillow' instead of the light blue pillow case I was so accustomed to a bare chest starred back at me.

"Morning beautiful" a husky voice said from above me, slowly taking my eyes from the chest before me I made contact with striking deep blue eyes a gasp left my lips. A cheeky smile lit up his pink kissable lips, a smile spread across mine as well because in that instant I was content with where I was.

"Morning handsome" I said softly as I laid my head back onto his chest, I must of surprised him because I felt him stiffen under my head before he relaxed under me.

"How are you feeling?" I heard him mutter as he brought a hand up to rub down the length of my hair and twisting the ends that hung over my shoulder between his fingers.

"I am feeling better, thank you. Did you sleep okay?" I asked him softly, as I lay on his chest I gazed upon the muscles I scrunched up my nose in confusion as I saw the different color spot on his ribs. Before he could answer I jumped up off of him earning a loud groan from him, "What the hell Bell." I didn't answer him as I slowly brought my hands down his chest, now remembering that I was helping clean him up before I went and answered the door.

"Ry" I whispered slowly and quietly as I traced over the bruise that made up the area below his ribcage, he took a sharp breath as I moved my hand to cover the bruise. Glancing up at him with tear filled eyes.

"Bell, no don't cry I am okay" I felt his finger trace my chin toward my lip where he moved his thumb softly over my bottom lip, I shook my head at him as he moved his hand from my lip to cup my cheek.

"I didn't take care of you like I should of, I mean I told you I would clean you up then that happened and now I just remembered your chest which is bruised." I leaned into his hand as the words just fell from my lips in rambles, I have no idea how he understood me.

"Bell it is okay," he said softly, his thumb still caressing my cheek. All I could do was just nod my head at him afraid of the rambles that would most likely fall from my lips if I opened it once more.

"I fixed myself up a little after you left to go downstairs, I'm okay now I promise you that my little one." I held his eyes as they looked at me, not through me like my parents, but really at me. I mean of course he looked at me that way it is because he was my best friend before something happened, things I am still unsure of. Unanswered questions swam in my head, to many voices trying to get their point across to me. I was so busy in thought that I hadn't noticed Ryder grip my face with two hands and start shouting my name. Why would someone want to harm me? I have done nothing but been the best and strive for the best in this world and try to prove my parents differently. Those dark hallow eye holes still haunted my mind, the thought of someone really wanting me dead scared me. I was school president, I was well liked by everyone though they thought I was teacher's pet, but I wasn't. The thought of someone wanting to murder me was a scary thought all by its self; in the end I still had no idea who it could be. But then it goes back to that day three months ago, the day I was not at school, the day Ryder chose to wait for me at my locker. Wait! What if Ryder wasn't the one to be shot that day, but I was. What if I was the person who was supposed to be shot, and then what happened to the other three injuries that day? That means there had to have been a fight, I mean I don't think he just chose to pick three people injure them and then shoot the boy not knowing what was going on since his back was to Richard. Why would two of the three victims leave? What were Bobby and Chrissie talking about before that third person walked up? Oh shit, I have to go on a date with Bobby!