Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Beep. Beep. Beep.

God what was that sound it was starting to get annoying, wait why was there a beeping sound coming from beside me one that wasn't my alarm?

That sound it was one I only heard in movies or when I was sitting beside my dying mother in the hospital and that was when I realized where I was. My body felt achy and heavy as if a truck had run over me but that wasn't the case no I had slammed my head on the edge of a desk. Faintly I could see what happened in my mind and how I took the fall for Ryder, which landed me here. I don't regret it. I didn't understand why I was connected to a heart monitor though since it was only a head wound but how am I to say what is wrong with me since I'm not a doctor.

"Is she up yet?" a voice asked.

"She should be waking up soon, the stitches were put in correctly and everything is good. It has only been two hours since she has been out son. We connected her to a heart monitor to make sure nothing went wrong." Another voice said, though this one had to have been a doctor because his voice was full of authority and wisdom. There was my answer.

"Has her parents been notified?" the doctor asked.

"They are unreachable right now, they left on a trip." The first voice said his tone sad and soft.

The heart monitor was no longer beeping as well. Footsteps echoed and the door clicked shut, but I knew I wasn't alone because soft breathing that wasn't mine sounded in the room. Slowly I began to open my eyes, my head still felt heavy. Groaning softly I blinked multiple times to adjust to the light in the room. Turning to where I heard the breathing from, my hazel eyes locked onto striking blue a blue so blue it put the sky to shame, the eyes that were no longer covered by dark glasses. Ever so slowly a smile slid across my face.

"Hi Beautiful" Ryder said, a small smile showing on his lips. He took two steps toward me when he saw me trying to sit up.

"Hi, Handsome" I said softly, as I felt his hands on my sides helping me up tingles shot up my spine. Whenever we would wake one another up or just see each other at school, we would always call each other beautiful and handsome.

"You gave us a fright there."

"I am sorry..." before I could say more the door flew open and a furious Chrissie stood before us, her eyes glaring at Ryder with so much hatred that if looks could kill he would six feet under. I gulped afraid of what she would do. Soon the tingles stopped as Ry removed his hands and took two steps back while reaching into his pocket for his glasses.

"What do you think you are doing here!" she screeched like a banshee.

Ry placed his glasses back on his face taking away his beautiful eyes. His face twitched in irritation at the same time his left hand became clenched at his side, he didn't speak. I went to open my mouth but Ryder spoke instead. "I was just leaving" his voice was void of emotion and hard, though I could sense his anger as it radiated off him.

"Damn right you are." She snapped.

"Chris..." but my voice was lost inside the room.

"I told you to leave her alone!" She yelled at him as he walked by, he spared her not a glance as he flashed me a small smile before exiting the room. Leaving me alone with a very angry and irritating Chrissie who just stood there. He left me once more. Closing my eyes I waited for her to speak but she said not a word as I could hear her footsteps making their way toward me. Then I felt her hand grab my arm softly.

"Come on honey, let's get you home." Her voice no longer hard, opening my eyes I glanced at her as she slowly pulled me off the bed and onto my feet.