The Bullet is the Key

"What the hell Bobby!" A familiar voice yelled, a voice I knew all to well, the voice of my best friend, Chrissie.

"You are yelling at me, how is it my fault? This was all your idea you know, it has always been your idea to get at him for something I am not even sure of." Bobby snapped.

"At least she agreed to a damn date with you, now I can stop hearing you whine about her" she screeched. 

It was silent, just the sound of their breathing, but that was when I realized how close I was to Ryder, and oh boy did he smell good. 
Looking up I caught my reflection in his black shades, gosh how much I wish he didn't have to wear them anymore. He breathed out and his warm breath fanned across my face, I couldn't bring myself to look away from him. Even though his eyes couldn't be seen, I swear they were starring right at me with a look that most likely mirrored my own. Slowly and subconsciously our heads moved toward one another, a whisper away and our lips would of touch. But we were brought out from that moment when another pair of footsteps echoed outside the door. The new person didn't speak.

"I know we messed up, will have to do something more to destroy him" Bobby's voice said, I'm assuming the new person nodded because no words were exchanged.

"We did try our best honest, I mean I have done my best for four years to ruin him and get her away from him, but it's no use, I think it is time for the second part of the plan."

"Try harder" A voice said one that sounded familiar but I couldn't tell you who it was; they must have nodded because their footsteps slowly faded away. With a deep breath, I took a step away from him, losing the warmth I felt in his arms. 
"Come on handsome lets go get you cleaned" I told him softly grabbing his hand this time and pulling him with me down the hall, but this time instead of the bathroom I made my way to the front of the school. I made my mind up that we needed to get out of here.

"Bell?" He questioned. I looked at him while I unlocked my car and told him to get in with a nod of my head toward the door. I didn't say a word to him as I climbed in the car and waited for him to get in as well, my mind wasn't focused at this time and I needed to get out of here soon.

As the car warmed up I took out my black galaxy s5 and wrote a text to a friend who was on the council.

Bell: Hey Syd, can you tell everyone I went home early have to take care of something and won't be able to make it to the meeting.

Ping...

Sydney: Does this have anything to do with Ryder?

Bell: Yes, I'm taking him to my house to get cleaned up and plus heard some weird news today.

Sydney: Chrissie?

Bell: I will tell you later, just let me know what the plans for the carnival are.

Sydney: okay, is there anything I need to tell everyone at the meeting and what are your plans?

Bell: Oh right, make a list of different booths that we want to do as well as write out which charities we are going to raise money for, then I wants you to have people volunteer for a booth.

Sydney: okay, that sounds fine. What booth do you want to do and charity? I know you always have one, plus you get first pick.

It took me a moment to think of which one to do, glancing up from my phone I looked toward my right and saw Ryder with his glasses off and his eyes closed, soft snores leaving his lips. A smile grazed my lips as I looked upon the man who held my heart, in that moment I knew which booth and charity I would do.