A Bullet is the Key

I had to stay strong just incase that person was watching me through out the day. I needed to show that I was stronger than what everyone thought of me even though they thought I was perfect some believed I was weak from my breakdowns. The breakdowns made some believe that I was incapable to handle myself when situations got tough. I would show whoever it was that I was stronger, tougher than they originally thought. English went by without problem. Walking out of class I was not paying attention to where I was going when I ran into a very jumpy looking Tori.

“Oh hey Emma, I am sorry I didn’t see you there” her voice was soft and she seemed exhausted. Her brown hair was straight pulled back by a headband her normal bright green eyes were dull looking and tortured. Those eyes were so similar to Richard’s it was crazy. Bending down I began to help pick her things up since I had knocked them over, as she reached to grab a book her sleeve moved up revealing more of her arm. Long white thin scars ran up her arm not across her wrists if she was harming herself. I looked up at her though her head stayed lowered her eyes trained on the floor where her hand currently was.

“Tori?” I asked my voice barely audible to my own ears, her eyes snapped up to meet mine and anguish and fear passed through before a guarded look took over.

“Don’t worry about it Emma it happened months ago” came her soft reply as she grabbed the last of her things and scampered off towards her next class and out the hall doors. As I watched her scamper off a small smile slid onto my face as I watched the girl I truly knew showed if only for a few minutes. That was the Tori knew not the one who screamed and yelled at me all those weeks ago, though now she seemed skittish like something was bothering her more so than she let on. Picking myself up off the ground I made my way outside to see the quad empty of everyone as I turned towards the parking lot a familiar black car sat there the car running but the car sat ideal. Windows rolled up the black tinting reflecting the shinning sun as it blocked your view from the inside. The hair on the back of my neck stood on end as I began to move closer to the unknown car that had been stalking me for the past month or so. As I got closer to the car the engine roared to life and they backed up in a flash high tailing it out of the parking lot and speeding off into the city somewhere. Weird I thought. The sounds of my heels sounded on the sidewalk as I began to walk further towards where the car just was wondering who could be the one stalking me. It ruled out a few people in school because their classes were in session right now.

“Emma” Turning around I saw Jace making his way towards me with a smile on his face though it did not reach his eyes. Glancing behind me I looked at the spot the car just occupied to see nothing unusual before making my way toward Jace.

“What happened this morning?” He said once I had gotten close enough to him softly he grabbed my arm bringing me along with him to a bench where we sat down.

“Well first there was a dead mouse in my yard, my car didn’t look tampered with but Ryder’s bike had been tampered with, then we get to school and there is a note attached to my locker the one Ryder is using.” I told him as I leaned my head against his shoulder slowly he wrapped his arm around my shoulder rubbing his hand up and down my shoulder in a brotherly manner.

“Ryder has been worried about you, you know,” He told me as we both looked outwards upon the quad the silence was comforting as we took in the lavish brick lined quad.