Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ryder's point of view

Bell had just dropped me off at home. My house was empty not a sound to be heard or a person to be seen. With my mom away it was lonely, I wanted to spend more time with Bell but I didn't know if she wanted to or not. Plus she shouldn't be around me with all the secrets I have hidden from her. Taking steps inward I climbed the stairs to my room, the room of a typical boy though I was twenty-three years old. My room was decorated in black and blue, the bathroom simple as well as the video games that were connected to the big screen TV on the wall.

I looked around me. My eyes locking onto the picture frame that sat on my desk, walking towards it I lifted it up to examine it closer. In the picture was a boy in swim trunks, smile on his face and laughter reflecting in his blue eyes the sun shining behind him. Though that wasn't the magnetic part of the picture, no it was the beautiful brown haired girl who clung to him as he carried her on his back. Her slender arms wrapped around his neck his hands holding her legs as the sand sucked his feet in. The girl had a huge smile on her face her hazel eyes sparkling with love and admiration. My Beautiful Bell, I thought as I gazed at my favorite picture from five years ago before things changed. Placing the photo back in its spot I made my way towards the bed and sat down flopping backwards.

I could finally take those damn glasses off I thought, I didn't have to wear them for so long but I knew I needed to so everyone would still believe I could not see yet. Truth was I good see almost completely the day Bell fell and hit her head; I missed her by an inch. It was so hard watching her hit his foot and send her flying downwards and into the edge of the desk. Panic settled in more when she passed out with blood running down her face, Mike and Bryan called 9-1-1 and we were all scared shitless.

The only issue was that Chrissie had to show up when she did, I swear she has it out for me, I mean I know she does and so does everyone else except Bell. Chrissie has hated me since senior year of high school, yes I knew her then well more of I met her then at a party that I regret going to. Nothing happened between her and I and that is why she hates me because I would not give into her seeing as my heart belongs to someone else. Chrissie only befriended Bell to get close to me but when that didn't work out she turned Bell on me, I mean she told me all these horrible things that went on behind my back that Bell had been saying. Though during those years as friends Chrissie had really started to life Bell and their friendship became real though there is something that Chrissie is hiding from us all. Chrissie and Bell became the best of friends always together and never apart but there was still that fear that Chrissie would tell Bell all these lies. I tried to tell her not to do it. But all Chrissie did was threaten me that she would tell Bell that I had sex with her and abused her, which isn't true I hadn't even touched her. I knew Bell wouldn't of believed her seeing as she is the only one besides Jace who knows the real me and doesn't believe all those things that have been said about me. It hurt that day four years ago to see the pain in her eyes when I told her we weren't friends, but I had to keep her safe. Chrissie isn't who she says she is. Those two weeks I didn't talk to Bell was because Chrissie had sent some guys to beat me up and I was in the hospital for those two weeks healing from fractured ribs two swollen eyes and a busted up lip. They beat me up only in places where people could not see the damage that they inflicted upon me and so the moment I was released form the hospital I began to fight, becoming stronger in the process. Chrissie was furious when I came back to school and she saw me healed and alive. I think Chrissie's tactics changed though somewhere during the years because soon she became more focused on beating Bell in every way and everything they did.

When Bell came to see me that day to ask me why I had been avoiding her, I couldn't help but feel the pain that I had went through two weeks before. I lied to her. I lied about everything I said to her that day because what she hadn't noticed was the death glare I was receiving from Chrissie behind her and if she had she made no indication that she had. Then she was taken away from me that day.