thirteen.

Said I wanna be fluent in your love language
Learning your love language
I know I don't speak your language
But I wanna know more, baby
| Kehlani - Love Language

Said I wanna be fluent in your love languageLearning your love languageI know I don't speak your languageBut I wanna know more, baby| Kehlani - Love Language

Remi was hunched over the trashcan outside of her sister's school, throwing up whatever contents sat in her stomach

"I know you said you were fucking Omari," Royce raised an eyebrow, as Remi wiped at the corners of her mouth, "And I hope you were doing it safely because I've never seen you like this."

Remi quickly shook her head, digging through her bag for the travel-sized mouthwash she had always carried with her, "I'm not. We always use condoms, one. Two, I'm on birth control."

"You sure?" Royce questioned as Remi swigged around the mouthwash and spit it out, "Because those methods aren't always effective."

"I got my period this morning. I'm sure I'm not pregnant," Remi laughed, shaking her head. Despite her and Omari always using protection and being safe about the way they had sex, Remi was actually excited for her period. The moment she got it, she looked up to the sky and thanked God for what seemed like an eternity. If it was one thing she didn't need, it was a child.

Remi was just throwing up because she felt on edge about seeing Crystal. Her anxiety was starting to get the best of her, and she wanted to rid any trace of it from her body before she came face-to-face with her little sister. The last thing she needed was her anxiety tipping Crystal off that something was up. She planned on talking to her after the meet, during dinner, because she didn't want something throwing Crystal off her game and costing her a win.

"Whew," Royce pretended to wipe imaginary sweat off of her forehead, "My heart dropped for you right there. Y'all would make some pretty babies though."

Remi gave her a straight face, "What Nicki say? Ain't pushin' out his babies 'til he by the rock? Hell, even if I got the rock, I'm not pushin' out any child until I'm secure in my career. I didn't shake my ass all these years to get pregnant and have to put my nursing plans on hold."