twenty eight.

IMPORTANT: This is my last time saying it before it changes tomorrow at 12pm officiallyThe next time you see this book being updated, it will say 'britxcvi updated Put Your Love On (Six Inch Heels)'   So, don't think I'm not updating the book, the title just changed. I already explained why five times, but go to the character list and listen to the new song it's based off of if you want a better understanding. Once the book is finished, I'll remove the Six Inch Heels part.
Yes, the title changed. No, I no longer give a fuck if you have something negative to say about it. You should have clicked on the Author's Note to vote (TWICE) to vote like everyone else did. Oh well. Don't get muted by saying some slick shit here either, I'm over it.

•••

When's the last time I asked for some help that
I couldn't get from nobody else, yeah?
I couldn't get from nobody out there
| Frank Ocean - Biking

When's the last time I asked for some help thatI couldn't get from nobody else, yeah?I couldn't get from nobody out there| Frank Ocean - Biking

"What's the problem?" Omari questioned, sitting across from Remi

"What's the problem?" Omari questioned, sitting across from Remi. His eyes were focused on hers, watching as she tapped her manicured fingers against the table. They had just put Brayden down for bed, and with everyone else doing their own thing upstairs the couple decided on having the talk Remi was so adamant on having down in the kitchen.

"Why did you invite my mother over here for Christmas morning without asking me first?" Remi shot off her question quickly, knowing that if she waited another second, she'd probably say to forget it.

A sigh immediately escaped Omari's lips as he ran his fingers through his hair before folding his arms together. He leaned back in the chair and studied Remi's face as he bit down on his lip, trying to find the right words to explain himself. The way Remi's nostrils were flared and her eyes squinted, he knew if he said the wrong thing he'd set her off and he didn't want that—especially with his family being right upstairs. Omari's eyes broke free from her stare, traveling to the baby monitor that displayed Brayden sleeping peacefully in his and Remi's bed, surrounded by a fort of pillows.

Omari shifted in his seat, looking back at Remi who was still burning holes in his skin, "Your sister reached out to me—"

"You should have just directed her to me," Remi interrupted, rubbing her hands together. It immediately made Omari lean forward and lick over his lips before resting his chin in his hand.