thirty. (part one)

This was love at first sight,
Yeah, love at first sight
When everything was going wrong,
You made it alright
You told me I'm better, better than I knew
Now, you helped me do all things,
All things in you
Tell me where do I begin?
You were like my favorite friend
Love so incredible, never want it to end
| Koryn Hawthrone – Bless Up

This was love at first sight,Yeah, love at first sightWhen everything was going wrong,You made it alrightYou told me I'm better, better than I knewNow, you helped me do all things,All things in youTell me where do I begin? You were like my favorit...

"Good morning," Omari whispered against Remi's ear, his voice making the tiny hairs on the back of her neck stand straight to attention

"Good morning," Omari whispered against Remi's ear, his voice making the tiny hairs on the back of her neck stand straight to attention. His strong arms pulled her into his body, which made Remi snuggle into his chest as his head bent down and his lips began pressing soft kisses against her jawline in an attempt to wake her from her slumber.

Remi had spent the entirety of the night with eyes wide open, staring outside the window as if she was six-years-old and waiting on Santa Claus. The anticipation of Christmas had her adrenaline rushing and sleep seemed to be a thing of the past for her. It wasn't until three in the morning when she had finally crashed, realizing missing out on sleep was a foolish thing because staying awake didn't make morning come faster.

"Morning," she hummed softly against his chest. All the adrenaline from last night was gone as her memory didn't register that it was finally the day she was yearning for. She didn't care for Christmas in this very moment, she cared for sleep.

Omari stared down at her, watching her eyes slowly fall back shut which he knew would mean she was going right back into a deep sleep. He laughed at her, letting his hand travel underneath of her shirt and rubbbed her back. His head slowly looked up to across the room, looking over at Brayden peacefully slept in his race car bed.

"Merry Christmas, love," Omari finally spoke into Remi's ear, making her eyes pop open wide and a smile as long as the Nile spread across her face. It instantly made Omari grin just as wide at how happy she seemed to be.

Remi sat up in the bed and for a brief second, took everything in. For the first time in years, she was waking up with a family on Christmas. It wasn't just her and Shadow in an average sized apartment with left overs from the night before to indulge in before she prepared to go dance on a pole for men who were just as lonely as her. Instead, she was wrapped up in the arms of a man who loved her, with a child she was raising as her own right across from them.