twenty seven.

I thought He was through with me,
But that wasn't true
The proof? You in the coupe with me
God shuffled the cards,
Dealt me a hand with impossible odds
Put an obstacle course up
Look, and I conquered them all
| Bas - Tribe

I thought He was through with me, But that wasn't trueThe proof? You in the coupe with meGod shuffled the cards, Dealt me a hand with impossible oddsPut an obstacle course upLook, and I conquered them all | Bas - Tribe

With an agitated groan, Remi slapped Omari's bare chest as the sound of the doorbell and Shadow's barking filled the home

With an agitated groan, Remi slapped Omari's bare chest as the sound of the doorbell and Shadow's barking filled the home. Even from upstairs, she could hear the knocks clearly. She was too worn out to get out of bed like she usually did, and she knew for a fact she overslept. After Omari had wore her out last night, she was sure whatever she had planned for the day would be cancelled and the bed would be her resting place.

"What?" he yawned, rolling over and pulling her into his body. The two would always fall asleep in one another's arms, only to roll around and sprawl apart from each other throughout the night. Omari hated it to, he always wanted to hold her as tight as he could.

"The door," she mumbled, listening to knocks pound against it. Whoever it was, was definitely growing impatient because their knocks got louder, "Maybe it's Nate with the baby."

Omari shook his head and nuzzled his head down into the crook of Remi's neck. Just as tired as she was, so was he. He felt like he could sleep for days.

"Nate knows where I keep the extra key."

It got silent for a quick second, the knocking and Shadow's barking fading into silence as Remi fell back into her slumber. Even when Omari sat up a few seconds later and reached for his phone, her heavy eyelids continued to fall shut. Quickly though, she could feel Omari shifting around the bed in slight panic and it made her pop open her eyes in a bit of worry.

"Shit," he cursed, stumbling out of the bed and grabbing onto his phone, "Shit!"

Remi couldn't jump up as fast as Omari, but she sat up with a puzzled expression. Instantly, her mind went to Brayden and thinking that something may have happened to him, "What's wrong?"

"That's my momma banging on the door like that!" Omari yelled, rushing to the closet to grab a quick outfit to put on. Omari knew his family would be coming sometime this week, but never double checked the date with his parents. After the night he and Remi had shared, the last thing on his mind was asking when they would be showing up.