CHAPTER 5

With a small plaster on the cut near her lips and her bruise bare, Yein continues her work in JMC, she ignores the endless gossips coming from the nurses who walks pass her and the look from the eyes of her patients relatives.

She's here to work, save her patients, and she doesn't give a damn about other people who are not related to her work.

While checking her patient whom she performed the heart bypass yesterday who just got transferred to his private room this morning, his four year old daughter approached Yein, tugging on her laboratory gown gaining the attention of the former.

"Doctor, doctor." She uttered in her small cute voice.

Yein draped the stethoscope over her nape and faced the child with a smile.

She squatted down to be on the same level as the kid.

"Yes kiddo?" She asked softly.

The kid studied her face and her hands went up to touch the plaster near the cut on her lips and lightly ran her fingers over Yein's bruise on her cheek.

"Are you okay doctor? That looks painful." The kid asked while looking at her face in concern.

Yein smiled brightly at the kid, this is what she likes about children they're so innocent and just brings brightness to Yein's dark mood.

"Doctor Yein is fine, baby." Yein replied to assure the little kid.

"Who did this to you Doctor? They're so bad." The little kid asked, the brim of her eyes starting to be filled with tears.

Yein's hands went up to gently dry the child's tears.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Yein asked softly while drying the child's tears.

"Because it looks painful, I'll cry for you since you're not crying. " the kid reason out that made both Yein and the her mother laugh.

Yein brought the adorable little kid into her arms. Wrapping her around and make her feel the warmth of being in Yein's arms.

"I'm okay kiddo, don't cry. Big girls don't cry right? You will not look pretty if you cry." Yein cooed while rubbing soft circles onto the girls back and she slightly backed away to look at the kids face and her expression made Yein let out a laugh as she pinch the child's cheeks.

And just like what Yein said the kid is trying her best to stop her tears, her cheeks just like a puffer fish and her tears still running down her eyes but she's holding it in and sniffed.

"You're so cute!" Yein said while pinching the child's cheeks and ruffled her hair.

Yein stood up and faced the mother of the child.

"Are you alright doc?"

Yein gave her an assuring smile.

"I'm fine."

Yein turned to the patient.

"The patient is doing well, his body is responding well with the medication, all we need to do is wait for him to wake up and then we'll proceed with his recovery. " Yein said and faced the relatives.

The wife bowed and expressed her gratitude to Yein.

"Thank you so much doctor. Thank you so much."

Yein placed her hands inside her laboratory gown and gave the family of the patient her sweet smile.

"Its my job. And its my pleasure to save lives."

"I'll go do my rounds then. I'll come visit later." Yein said to the mother and turned to her daughter.

Yein squatted down and grabbed a chocolate bar from her pocket and gave it to the little girl.