CHAPTER 7

Yein just got home from her work, she passed her last duties to Yoongi since he also asked for some extra shifts.

Maybe he got another family problem on his shoulders. Yoongi tends to drown himself dealing with patients whenever there's a problem stirring inside their household, he'd rather save patients than to deal with his parents.

Yein dropped her bag on the couch and soon she dropped her weight on the couch and almost moaned feeling the softness of the couch, she almost felt all her problems leave her body as she relaxed.

But that didn't last long.

"You're home."

Yein almost groaned in dismay hearing her mother's voice. That voice means she needs to give a few more hours dealing with her stubborn mother instead of resting her tired body.

"Hi Mom." Yein uttered audibly not interested with what's coming.

"Let's go to my office shall we? I think there's something we need to talk about." Her mother's voice was sweet, but Yein knows what's coming.

They went to her mother's office in their house, she sat on the couch as she look at her mother who's sitting across her.

"What happened to your face?" Her mother inquired.

"This is nothing mom. Just some misunderstanding." Yein replied as she covered her bruise with her hand and rested her elbow on the arm rest.

"That is not nothing Yein. You are working- walking around the hospital with a bruise on your face! That's clearly not something to ignore. Your reputation in JMC! Aren't you thinking about that?" Her mother's boomed around the four walls of the office.

She's not raising her voice, but the intensity of her voice definitely holds authority.

"Mom look..." Yein leaned forward placing her arms on her legs.

"I also didn't wished to have a bruise on my face on my working days, but something happened last night and don't get me started about it mom. You won't like it." Yein said as she now rest her back on the couch.

"So what? You're getting into gang fights again? Yein! You're a doctor now! Stop engaging on gang fights like you used to before! Goodness!"

Yein took a deep breath.

"Look mom, I'm not engaging into gang fights anymore. I've changed remember? Ever since I started attending my medical school I left my life in the underground and started a new life. This bruise came from a different reason."

"And besides if I went to a gang fight or fought a gang member, I would probably have more bruises." Yein said a matter of fact.

"Yein!" Her mother huffed in disbelief.

"Don't you dare think of getting yourself into gang fights or I swear! You will not get not at least the tiniest bit of JMC." Her mother threatened her.

"Don't worry mom. I got no plans." Yein said wanting to dismiss the topic about her bruise.

The bruise reminds her of that scumbag and what almost happened earlier in her office. The nerve of that guy to try and kiss her.

But you didn't back away.

A small voice said at the back of her mind and she immediately rolls her eyes.

"Why are you rolling your eyes? Is it because you don't want to talk to me?" Her mother inquired.

"No its not that mom." Yein said softly to her mother not wanting her to think that she doesn't like talking to her.