CHAPTER 38

"Ms. Jeong just entered the sanctuary madam."

That sentence was enough to send Eunji to euphoria. Finally! After a year and a half she can see her beloved daughter.

She has been bracing herself to see and be with her daughter again, she even practiced how she will tell Yein the whole and unfiltered truth. She wants her daughter to digest every detail without making her even more distant.

She has it plotted and planned in her head but now that the time has come her mind went blank. Nothing filled her mind but to see her daughter well.

Eunji dashed to her room grabbing the first coat she can snatch from the rack and wore it to keep her warm in the cold winter breeze.

She went out to the front yard, she was pacing back and forth clasping her hands together, she bit her index finger out of anxiety. She was excited, scared and nervous all at the same time.

She rubbed her arms with her hands to wipe the sweat forming. She never felt this nervous.

When she felt warmth slowly enveloping her in an embrace hot tears formed at the corner of her eyes.

"Mom..." The person hugging her whispered.

Pain and longing was evident in Yein's voice.

A tear slid down Eunji's cheeks. She held Yein's arms around her, caressing it. She looked up and let out a heavy breath trying to stop her overflowing emotions.

She brought her hand near her eyes go wipe away her tear before facing Yein.

She took a moment to stare at her daughter's face. She gain a little bit of weight that relieved Eunji. Jungkook took really good care of Yein.

But the heavy bags under her eyes crushed her already broken heart and what broke her heart even more is the look of betrayal and longing in her eyes that glistened with her tears.

"My dear." She sighed reaching to wipe the tear on the corner of Yein's eyes, her hand settled on Yein's cheeks afterwards.

She can see Yein's lips trembling, Yein pursed her lips together before engulfing her mother into a tight hug.

Eunji let's out a soft sob hugging her daughter back. She closed her eyes to savor the moment.

After a while Eunji leaned back so she can look at Yein. She didn't let go of her afraid that everything might just be a dream.

She had always hugged Yein when she was a kid but it turned rare when Yein hit puberty. It has always been Yein who hugs her but it soon it became occasional.

They always see each other before, even when Yein started to live independently they always cross paths in the hospital as she was the Director and Yein is her subordinate.

Yein also occasionally sleeps in their ancestral house when she wants to.

Being apart with Yein for a year showed Eunji how they should always treasure every moment together, she's not getting any younger she's in her early fifties.

She wants to spend more time with her daughter and her grandchildren.

"Let's go inside." She said with a smile.

Yein nodded her head curtly and followed her mother inside the house. Eunji went straight to the kitchen to warm up some tea while Yein walked towards the sofa feeling her cold hands slowly warm up with the heater system inside the house.

She slowly sat on the sofa, she pursed her lips looking around the familiar interior of the house.

She sat with both of her hands on her lap and she stared at the ornament on the coffee table soon she was already staring into space.