CHAPTER 40

"Ncle Imin!!!!!" Two sets of feet ran to welcome the new guest.

"Hello there, babies." He crouched down to hug the two little balls of sunshine.

"Happy birthday." Jimin greeted the twins holding out their presents.

"Gifts!!" The two exclaimed and took the paper bags almost their size.

"Let me help you there, dear." Jungkook stood behind the twins and took their gifts.

"Let's open Uncle Jimin's presents later. Okay?" He softly said. The twins nodded their little heads. Yeorum held Jimin's hand and started pulling him to the party, while Jiwoo took his other hand.

Jimin slowly walked enjoying, the way the twins were pulling him with so much determination. It was adorable.

Jimin looked back and laughed aloud when he saw the look on Jungkook's face while walking behind him as he stared at his children. He was pouting, his face painted in a scowl.

His face says it all. He's jealous of Jimin and the way the twins treat him.

"Seems like they love me more than they love you." Jimin provoked and Jungkook's face became unreadable.

"I spent sleepless nights taking care of you two and yet you chose your uncle Jimin over me." He whispered more to himself. He was sulking, yet he doesn't want his children to hear him and feel bad. After all, it's their special day.

"I feel so unwanted!" Jungkook muttered but Jiwoo heard it. With his other hand he took his dad's. Jiwoo looked up at Jungkook and smiled.

Jungkook smiled back, adoring his son who's exactly his replica.

When they reached the backyard, the two started to run towards their aunties and uncles.

"Careful!" Jungkook said aloud.

"They're so energetic and playful now. I can only imagine how hard it is to keep up with those two." Jimin chuckles tapping, Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook sighed.

"I don't know what to feel. I don't want my children to grow yet."

Jimin scoffed.

"Man! They just turned 3! The way you speak seems like they're about to marry!"

Jungkook looked at Jimin, his eyes glistening in an emotion Jimin can't name.

"You don't understand, man! You don't have kids!"

Jungkook didn't notice how his words affected Jimin. His expression changed and turned glum.

"Should I settle down and have kids then? It'll be nice if the twins have a new playmate." Jimin said with a faraway look on his face.

Jungkook knew he said something that completely shifted the mood and he wanted to smack himself in the head for being insensitive.

Jimin is trying to cope with all the mess he went through. He's receiving medical help, and he only seems to accept Yein and his mother-in-law's help.

"How is it going, bro?" He asked.

Flashes of memories washed over Jimin, three months full of twists and turns. He's coping up well, better than he expected. In a few months, he'll be joining the company owned by Yein's mother.

Yein will be taking over JMC in September. Eunji will focus on her other businesses aside from their hospital and Jimin will join the said company.

His fatherㅡ their father is paying for his crimes. Death was his verdict. But both Yein and Jimin wanted him to pay for his crimes slowly and agonizingly. Instead of death, he will be in prison until his very last breath.